UNESCO Heritage, private car, tickets/admissions included. Private Tour.
Leave the city behind for an unforgettable day of River Rhine sightseeing! This stretch of the Rhine Valley is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and comprises romantic villages, pretty vineyards and medieval castles that frame the spectacular River Rhine in central Germany.
This is Germany's landscape at its most dramatic - muscular forested hillsides alternate with craggy cliffs and nearly-vertical terraced vineyards. Idyllic villages appear around each bend, their neat half-timbered houses and Gothic church steeples seemingly plucked from the world of fairy tales.
- See majestic Rhineland scenery, bearing testament to its UNESCO World Heritage status
- Sample top selection wines from the Rheingau region - riesling and other wines are included
- Visit to the outstanding attractions of the carefully repaired castle Romantic "Burg Rheinstein" or the enormous 10th Century Reichenstein Castle on to Lorelei and St Goar and the mighty Fortress ruins ate St Goar.
- Rhine boat
RHEINGAU WINE REGION
- Marvel the valley view from stunning castle Schloss Johannisberg, one of the oldest wine estates in Germany
- Visit some of the best wineries from Germany's leading wine-growing region, Taste award-winning Riesling wines.
RHINE VALLEY - UNESCO World Heritage
- Visit the picturesque historic town of Ruedesheim and explore the beautiful cobblestone streets, alleys and shops and try a selection of the best wines at some of my favorite wine-makers
- Take a romantic boat cruise on the Rhine between Ruedesheim and medieval villages, castles and stunning sloped vineyards - tickets included
- Visit the Romantic and beautifully restored Rhinestein castle and marvel at the stunning views from the castle terrace
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Wiesbaden, Mainz or Frankfurt: Hotel, Rail/Bus Station, Frankfurt Airport or any other location within Frankfurt-Rhine-Main.
Layover in Frankfurt? No problem! I'll pick you up from the airport, we'll go on a tour and you'll be back to make your flight. For Frankfurt Airport pick-up, please advise your flight information (Airline and flight number)
End location: Same as above
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Standard service with a brand new, clean and comfortable air-condidtioned private car for up to 3 comfortably (max 4) passengers or Mercedes Van for 6 comfortably (max 8) passengers (please inquire)
Additional vehicle options are available on request.
Private vehicle transportation with a choice of NEW and comfortable vehicles. Gas, insurance, parking. Private and licensed tour guiding service.
Admission ticket and guided tour of:
- Romantic Castle Rhinestein
- Castle Reichenstein
Scenic Rhine cruise trip ticket (approx 1 hour)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - It's always a good idea to have some small Euro cash on you as some places (street vendors, small cafes, kiosks) do not accept credit cards. Some entry tickets are payable upon entry as well.
Food and refreshments are extra. I will advise on numerous dining options at you leisure - from typical German cuisine to Mediterranean or vegetarian/vegan; Some rare and higher grade wines are available for tasting for an extra fee; Any additional entrance/admissions fee not included.
Tour extensions and modifications available
Some museums and attractions require an in-house guide, venue-provided guided tours or audio guide.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Despite a cloudy weather which seemed to dampen our tour to the beautiful vineyard and the Rhine River cruise, my husband and I enjoyed our private whole day tour with Stan as our guide immensely. Stan insisted on extending our tour hours till early evening just so we had time to linger and savor each place that delighted us. Stan was very concerned for our enjoyment even though it was time for his family dinner! Shirley