●Up to 3 adults + driver/guide. This tour is also available for more than 3 adults upon request.
This tour allows us to escape the big tourist crowds and discover some of the most well kept secrets in the surroundings of Lisbon.
On this tour you will discover the Queluz Palace with its gardens.
Visit the stunning and quite unknown church of the Mafra Convent, one of the biggest monuments in Europe.
We will also open our senses to the Atlantik breeze at Azenhas do Mar.
Stop at Cabo da Roca formerly known as the "end of the world" in the old days.
Guincho dunes and natural park Sintra/Cascais
● Visit to the Queluz Palace.
The National Palace of Queluz is one of the leading examples of the rococo and neoclassical architectural styles from the second half of the eighteenth century in Portugal.
The residence was initially designed as a summer house and thus a favoured place for the royal family's leisure and entertainment but which became their permanent home from 1794.
Visit to the gardens.
● Visit to the imposing Mafra convent. Mafra is the largest Baroque building in Portugal and larger than the Escorial, near Madrid, with 4700 windows and doors, a carillon with 114 bells.
Remembrance of the golden age of Portugal
● Azenhas do Mar. . . True masterpiece of popular architecture, this village has the shape of a crib with several ledges up the hill. Almost every house is painted in white and the village has a small bay, where an ocean pool was built.
We will drive along the Sintra mountain to:
● Cabo da Roca, europe's most western point.
● Guincho dunes and the natural park Sintra/Cascais.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection
End Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 9 hours
Traffic may affect the duration.
●1 to 3 persons 320€:
5 seater with air conditioning.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Euro - entrance fee at the Queluz Palace.
● Please bring your passport or ID along. Old-age pensioners over 65 receive a reduction on entry fees in some museums and monuments.
●I recommend to have Euros for personal expenses such as a drink or a meal since Dollars are not accepted.
The average price of a meal (optional) is 20€ per person.
The amount of local payments depends on your personal expenses.
Major credit cards can be used but American Express is not accepted everywhere.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am allowed to do guide you inside all monuments all over Portugal.
(Not all driver/guides guide you inside monuments. Always ask before you book.)
Licensed company with all insurances required, registered at the national tourism board.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
If we could give this tour 10 stars, we would. Just an excellent day seeing the Palace of Queluz and the Mafra Palace. And we would give Paulo a 50 star rating for his knowledge of the two sites and an overview of the history of Portugal. You can certainly see the most popular sites in and around Lisbon and wait in long lines, but consider seeing Queluz and Mafra and you will see two stunning palaces and have the entire place almost to yourself. No crowds or difficulty finding a place to park!
William von Rohr