I provide private and customized tours with high quality interpretations that make sense to Westerners. Whether you want to visit popular tourist attractions or crowd-free sites, or have unique local experiences, I have plenty of options to suit your need.
I moved to Shanghai in 2009. Though not a licensed guide, I have been showing visiting families of my expat friends around Shanghai in the last 5 years, which has enabled me to learn so much more about this city. I really enjoy guiding people because I get to know and learn from them a lot of things. Their positive feedback gives me great confidence in my abilities as a guide.
First, I have strong command of English and a deep understanding of Western culture. Our communication will be effective and comfortable.
Second, as an avid reader, I know quite a bit of Chinese history and culture. Feel free to ask me any China-related questions.
Third, I'm not a typical tour guide. Instead of recited monotonous scripts, my interpretations will be more holistic and human.
Fourth, being a Chinese Medicine student, I can give you insights of the Chinese healing art.
I am not a fan of group tours. It sucks to be put together with strangers. Therefore, my tours will be small, utterly private, and entirely enjoyable!
If you want to make an inquiry, please send a message, and I will respond timely.
1. All transportations will be PRIVATE. No subway, no bus, no taxi. There will be car service to and between the sites. Walking is only when we are at the site. All the rides are INCLUDED in the offer, EXCEPT to/from Zhujiajiao water town ($25/car).
2. I will pick you up and see you off at a destination of your naming, i. e. , hotel, airport, cruise port, etc. No Problem!
3. My rate is $400 for 6 hours, or $70 per hour. Discount is applicable to longer tours.
4. The sites I can take you to are all listed in my tours, please kindly check them and see what appeals to you. YOU can also customize the sites to your satisfaction!
5. You will be the ONLY guest for this tour, no other guests on the trip.
6. For groups larger than 3 people, I can arrange a business class minivan, but the cost is 600 RMB per day and at YOUR expense.
A Recent Review of this guide
was so helpful. I had him meet me at the airport, (farewarning it took me 1hour from landing to getting out of the airport). Took me to this little tea shop that I would not have found. Was able to try many teas and hear about tea history. I wish I had come with more quetstions. Any questions I asked they answered. I ended up buying some tea too.
Shanghai English Interpretation Certificate
I am not a driver, but I can easily hire a car and a driver.