Half-day guided walking tour in the center of Ravenna with food tasting
Make the most of your visit to Ravenna by enjoying a private tour of the richest heritage of Byzantine mosaics in the world and trying local food specialties.
This half-day walking tour will begin with a visit to the Basilica of S. Apollinare Nuovo, an early Christian church decorated with wonderful mosaics, then a stroll along the charming town center will take you to Piazza del Popolo, the square with Venetian 15th century architectures where the locals gather as they have done for centuries.
You will then take a pause from monuments stopping at a famous chocolate shop where you will be offered some chocolate specialties to sample.
From there you will make a visit to the impressive Basilica of S. Vitale and the
Mausoleum of Galla Placidia , a unique treasure of mosaics.
The tour will end at a typical restaurant where you will have a small lunch
This 2, 5 hour private tour combines a pleasant walk through the main sights of the city and a taste of local specialties.
- the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo built by the Goth king Theoderic and its treasure of mosaics.
- Dante's tomb
- Ravenna main square
-San Vitale, with its amazing Byzantine mosaics
- Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, home of breathtaking mosaics created over 15 centuries ago.
I can create a customized tour for you in case you have special requests or if you are more than 2.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel reception in the centre of Ravenna or at the railway station or other convenient location.
Transfer is not included, but upon request it can be arranged in private luxury vehicles with English speaking drivers. If you arrive on a cruise at the port of Ravenna, it is possible to arrange to have you picked up from the port and return to the port at the end of
Transfer prices can be quoted upon request.
End location: At your hotel in the center of Ravenna or other convenient location.
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
- expert-led walking tour of Ravenna center and monuments
- a taste of chocolate (three samples) at a typical shop in the center
- a small lunch at a local restaurant serving Romagnole specialties including a plate with home-made piadina, mortadella IGP, raw ham, salami and dried sausages of Mora Romagnola (local breed of pork), squacquerone cheese (creamy, typically local), water, a glass of local wine (red or white) and an espresso.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
22 euro - 11 EUR per person - to cover monuments admission fees coffe, ice-creams or other items not specified in the tour are not included
Entrance fee for monuments: combined ticket of Euro 8,50 per person to visit the monuments included in the tour.
From 1st March to 15th June, the admission fee to the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia is charged with an extra 2€.
I am not a driver. I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Great walking tour of Ravenna. Angelalea was most informative and the food and wine not to be missed!