Exploring the Oslo's Highlights in a day, Vigeland sculpture park, Holmenkollen Ski Jump and the maritime museums
We visit the highlights outside the center of Oslo.
Using public transport we see much of Oslo whilst traveling between the different highlights.
- Oslo Metro to the Holmenkollen ski jump/ Nordic winter sports national arena.
- Metro and streetcar to Oslo's largest park «The Vigeland park» showing most of the powerful works of Norway's most famous sculptor- Gustav Vigeland.
- Bus to the peninsula of Bygdøy to see the maritime museums: The Viking ships, the arctic vessel Fram which brought Roald Amundsen (the first man to reach the South pole in 1911) to Antarctica, and the Kontiki museum showing the vessels «Ra» and «Kontiki» used by Thor Heyerdahl on his ethnographic and archeological voyages.
*This tour can be customized, please contact me for more info.
After a sightseeing in the center of Oslo walking and by streetcar, we take the Metro half an hour to the Holmenkollen ski jump. It takes 20 minutes low pace walking from the metro to the ski jump.
Travelling by metro up the hills give us an excellent view of different areas in and the nature of Oslo. To reach our next stop we return by the Metro and walk to «The Vigeland park».
We have a light lunch in the park.
We continue by bus to the peninsula of Bygdøy to see the maritime museums: The Viking ships, the arctic vessel Fram and the Kontiki museum.
We return to the center of Oslo by ferry or bus (depending on the season).
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Tiger Statue by the Central Railway Station.
Look for your guide holding a picture of "The Scream" (by Edvard Munch).
End location: Tiger Statue by the Central Railway Station or any place in the city center you want.
Duration: 8 hours
Tour duration is 8h with local transport and light lunch break
walking and public transport
Professional licensed guiding service
Recommendations for the city
Estimated Local Cash Needed
700 NOK Norwegian Krone - Local Cash: 700 (lunsj, Oslo turist pass )
Local Currency: NOK Norwegian Krone
Comment: You may need some local currency for a cab, museum entrances fees, snacks etc, it is always good to carry some local currency. In Norway we use credit cards a lot, some people never carry any cash.
-Lunch (approx Nok 200 each) per person
-Oslo tourist pass which lasts 24 hours and gives free entrance to all museums and free travel for all public transport in Oslo:
-Nok 395 (adults)
-Nok 315 (seniors)
-Nok 210 (children).
- I cannot guide inside the Kings palace and the Opera house of Oslo because they have their own guides, but I can assist you with the booking.
- I can arrange longer tours in cars/minivans with a driver.