Understand the roots of modern painting 1848-1905
Skip the line and see the world's largest collection of Impressionist art. One of the most colorful art collections in the world is on display to you.
With a fully licensed Tour guide, graduate in history (former teacher), art history and geography, this is a perfect Tour for all art lovers from 7 years old to 77.
On this tour you will find a roster of the best to ever paint. Manet, Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Courbet. . .
If you've heard of them before you will find them inside!
While on this specialty tour, you will hear compelling tales of how Manet, Monet and their peers challenged the established order of the art world
"Night Tour" also available on thursday from 6PM to 9:45 PM
Introduction : history of the building and the context of art in the 19th century
- The Academical school and its power : Ingres, Cabanel
- The Romanticist painting : Delacroix
- The School of Barbizon : the trend of landscape painting in France : Millet ( the Angelus, the Gleaning Women) Rousseau, Corot and the influence of english landscape painters (Reynolds, Constable)
-Scandalous realist and naturalist painters : Courbet (L'origine du monde, un enterrement à Ornans), Manet (Olympia, the lunch on the grass), Whistler (Whistler's mother)
- Impressionnism : Monet (Lilly flowers, the poppy field ), Degas (The absinth and the ballerinas), Caillebotte, Renoir (Bal du Moulin de la Galette), Pissaro, Cézanne (and the revolution of still life), Sisley, Berthe Morisot, Mary Cassatt.
- Pointillism : Signac and Seurat
- Symbolism, primitivism and the school of Pont Aven: Paul Gauguin
- Van Gogh : Self portrait, l'église d'Auvers sur Oise, Hay stacks, the starry night
- Sculptures by Rodin, C. Claudel, Bourdelle
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting point : in front of the Musée d'Orsay near the Rhinoceros statue
End location: Inside the museum
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
Oftenly more...if you want to ;)
- Fully Licensed Tour Guide
- Skip The line entrance
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 Euro - For a drink or so
Individual expenses like souvenirs or drink
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Romain was an excellent guide with great knowledge of the art in both the Louvre Museum tour and D'Orsay Museum tour. He is very personable and it was a pleasure to have him show us the most important art in both museums without feeling rushed. He got us skip the lines tickets, which saved time so we were able to easily cover all of the main exhibits during the tours. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting museum tours in Paris.