Understand the roots of modern painting 1848-1905
Skip the line and see the world's largest collection of Impressionist art. One of the most colorful art collections in the world is on display to you.
With a fully licensed Tour guide, graduate in history (former teacher), art history and geography, this is a perfect Tour for all art lovers from 7 years old to 77.
On this tour you will find a roster of the best to ever paint. Manet, Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Courbet. . .
If you've heard of them before you will find them inside!
While on this specialty tour, you will hear compelling tales of how Manet, Monet and their peers challenged the established order of the art world
"Night Tour" also available on thursday from 6PM to 9:45 PM
Introduction : history of the building and the context of art in the 19th century
- The Academical school and its power : Ingres, Cabanel
- The Romanticist painting : Delacroix
- The School of Barbizon : the trend of landscape painting in France : Millet ( the Angelus, the Gleaning Women) Rousseau, Corot and the influence of english landscape painters (Reynolds, Constable)
-Scandalous realist and naturalist painters : Courbet (L'origine du monde, un enterrement à Ornans), Manet (Olympia, the lunch on the grass), Whistler (Whistler's mother)
- Impressionnism : Monet (Lilly flowers, the poppy field ), Degas (The absinth and the ballerinas), Caillebotte, Renoir (Bal du Moulin de la Galette), Pissaro, Cézanne (and the revolution of still life), Sisley, Berthe Morisot, Mary Cassatt.
- Pointillism : Signac and Seurat
- Symbolism, primitivism and the school of Pont Aven: Paul Gauguin
- Van Gogh : Self portrait, l'église d'Auvers sur Oise, Hay stacks, the starry night
- Sculptures by Rodin, C. Claudel, Bourdelle
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: In front of the Musée d'Orsay near the Rhinoceros statue
End Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
Oftenly more...if you want to ;)
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 Euro - For a drink or so
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Romain was fantastic and the tour exceeded our expectations. We had our two sons - age 11 and 8 - with us. Romain went out of his way, by request, to cater the experience to them. He kept them engaged and interested for three hours. We highly recommend this tour not only for its content, but also because it truly does allow you to bypass lines and walk right in. Five stars!