It was a really nice experience to help all the people in need. Now I still take part in not commercial events. And sometimes my tourists call me "mom" maybe because I am too worried about everything and I like to take care of everybody. So if you have small kids or you can't walk a lot - everything works perfect with me, I am a very flexible person.
I live in a truly soviet apartment and love cooking, and if you want you can be my guest and I can cook for you, that will give you a deeper idea of Russian local life, than just Red Square and places around;)
Also I am a writer and dream to finish my book one day. Love traveling especially around Russia because this country is really the biggest in the world, and I changed locations many times, from Siberia to Saint Petersburg. I was born in one the coldest places in Russia and once I felt minus 69, it was extremely not pleasant. Here in Moscow the weather is humid, so winters are also quite cold, but as this is my favorite time of the year I can make the best impressions for you in "non-tourist" season.
I love English language and you know, when I was 12 years old I was the worst in my class, but then we got another teacher and she made something with me that I couldn't stop anymore. When I finished my school I already had a certification from Cambridge University with level Advanced. And as my another passion is history, one day I realized that I need to become a tour guide, and it was the best decision of my life:)
Fun facts about me:
1. I was a ballet dancer for 8 years (and hated classical music with all my heart, but now I am in love with opera)
2. I love basketball and in school, I was playing in the best team of my town (also swimming and climbing, I was a really crazy kid)
3. I am in love with pastry and this is can easily see on me :D
4. I changed 15 apartments in my life and none of them had a good oven!
5. I love running and walking a lot, once I walked 48 km and it was my absolute record
I do the following tours:
- Moscow/Sergiev posad/Kolomna;
- Metro tour;
- 1/2/3/4 days tours;
- Kremlin tour;
- Space and Second World war history tours;
- One day tour from airport and back to airport:
- I can even place you in our appartment :))
Any kind of tours, trips, write me your preferences and we will discuss it!)
Can't wait to see you here and show you around!
A Recent Review of this guide
Julia was the perfect guide, I can not imagine a better experience. Her English is great, she knows a ton about history and culture in Moscow, and she showed a lot of things that I definitely would have never seen if I was just walking around on my own. I'm going to book with Julia again next time I'm in Moscow.
Moscow association of tour guides
Tour guide (license)
I work as tour guide for 3 years.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.