A journey for brandy and history lovers
Exclusive tour to the historic town of Cognac, birthplace of King François 1er and the world's famous brandy.
Visit of Remy Martin house and Chateau Otard.
ON REQUEST, At extra cost : For the fine connoisseurs, possibility to experience the rarest and the greatest of all, the prestigious cuvée LOUIS XIII de Rémy Martin, a unique blend of 1200 eaux-de-vie aged up to a century.
"I can create a customized tour for you in case you have any special requests or if you are more than 4 persons and need a larger vehicle. "
- Pick-up at your hotel in Bordeaux
- Arrive in the medieval town of Cognac.
- Private visit to the heart of the historic REMY MARTIN's House and old cellars where you will learn the secrets of it's heritage and expertise.
Tasting of cognacs accompanied by gourmet appetizers.
- Optional Lunch
- Walking tour of Cognac, the architecture of the old town with its narrow streets and old houses will charm you.
- Château Otard, birthplace of King François 1er, visit of the main body of the Chateau, the cellars, tasting.
- Drive back to Bordeaux
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or ship dock in Bordeaux
End location: At your hotel or ship dock in Bordeaux
Duration: 8 hours
traffic might be slow in Summer.
New comfortable car, with AC or minivan, depending on the group size
- My services as your personal driver-guide
- Remy Martin visit and tasting
- Entrance fee Chateau Otard and tasting
- Private transportation
- Gas, tolls and parking
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Bordeaux center (other location fee might apply)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 € - All the entrance fee are included, you will just have to pay your lunch. I will suggest you restaurants with different price range according to your taste.
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
I can custom tours for disabled people with a car accommodating a wheelchair.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We spent one of the most enjoyable days of any vacation going to Cognac with Beatrice. A perfectly planned day was spent in touring the château of Francis I, now the home of cognac producer Otard, as well as a personal tour of the house of Rémy Martin. Lunch, on our own, was arranged at a marvelous, atmospheric restaurant in the heart of the old ville. This tour was an outstanding combination of history, information, personal attention and comfort.