Thanks to the 12 years living in Germany, I have excellent communication skills in English, German and speak good French.
However, this is not my main strength, as a hobby traveller, I used to travel all around Europe and now started my discovery journeys around Asia. Whenever I travel, I have only 1 wish, I wish to meet somebody who will regard me as a good friend and show me the places that a usual tourist won't be able to see. Understanding that point, I turned myself to that person here in Viet Nam for all other visitors. I usually say, when you contact me then you are my client, when we meet then we are still strangers, but when we go on the tour then I am a friend of yours.
My private tours around Vietnam and unique Hanoi tours will show you things that you neither find on any travel map nor any guide books. Going on a private charter trip with me will make your trip unique, filled with unforgettable memories and enrich your experiences through the deep looks into the country. And all that is my promise to you!
A Recent Review of this guide
We have been a regular customer of Tours by Locals, and have taken many tours with them over the years. They have, without exception, all been excellent. However, Leon just raised the bar for them all. He is that good. He is knowledgeable, personable, experienced and fluent in English. He answered our many questions about history in an interesting and impartial way . We thoroughly enjoyed our day with him on his "Off the Beaten Track" tour of Hanoi.
- Certificate in sustainable Tourism
- Certificate in learning Vietnamese History and Culture
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaf) 20/20
- Bachelor Degree in Business and Tourism Management (Phuong Dong University)
- Bachelor Degree in Linguistics
- Master Degree in Linguistic Science (University of Cambridge)
- Awarded with "Best Tour guide" for 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 by Hapro Travel, Ami Tour, ViTour and Friends Travel Vietnam
- I am not a driver, but I always arrange suitable cars with drivers, motorbikes, bicycles and pedicabs for the tours.