Before (from 1996-2003) I had an international career that made me travel a lot. So I've really experienced the advantages of having a local person to help me out.
Both of these two professional experiences made me a guide that tour through the traveler's eyes. I try to put all my training, my knowledge and sensibility at the service of my clients, trying to offer them the best tours. I like to show visitors what is beyond the standard, normal, and conventional touristic agencies don't show, because it's not it's not so profitable. I am really used and passionate to contact with people from other cultures, so my customers are like my family for a day.
I'm both very sharp and organized, but also open and flexible if customers wish to customize and adapt the tour and itinerary to suites them more. It always depend on customers will.
I am always in a good mood and I really like to keep an interesting conversation about my country and to learn from the others.
I am looking forward to welcome you in to my country.
A Recent Review of this guide
Jose was a perfect guide for our interest in seeing the sights of Lisbon and learning more of its history. At the end of the day we felt like we've gained a friend as well as an outstanding tour. His tips for a Fado dining spot were the best!
- Licenced National Tourist Agent by the "Turismo de Portugal" (Ministry of the Economy, Innovation and Development), that is the national tourism authority responsible for promotion, enhancement and sustainability of tourism activities.
- International driving licence.
- Professional Cooking Chef Diploma (Mediterranean Food - Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian gastronomy).
- Wine and Olive Oil tasting trainning course.
- Very experienced travel.
- Very practical person.
- Deep knowledge of Portugal.