Before (from 1996-2003) I had an international diplomatic career that made me travel a lot. So I've really experienced the advantages of having a local person to help me to get the true flavor of local reality.
Both of these two professional experiences made me a tour guide that tours through the traveler's eyes. I try to put all my training, my knowledge and sensibility at the service of my clients, offering them the best of the best.
I like to show visitors what is beyond the standard, normal, and conventional tourist-made itineraries that normally agencies don't show, because it's not it's not so profitable. I am really used and passionate to contact with people from other cultures, so my customers are like my family for a few days.
I'm both very sharp and organized, but also open and flexible if customers wish to customize and adapt the tour and itinerary to suites them more. It always depend on customers will.
I am always in a good mood and I really like to keep an interesting conversation about my country and to learn from the others.
I am looking forward to welcome you in to my country.
A Recent Review of this guide
Jose was outstanding! My wife and I had such a great experience with him. We toured a lot of the sights in Lisbon and learned a lot about the history and culture. Jose took the extra time to take us to a local restaurant where we got to enjoy a great meal.
- Licenced National Tourist Agent by the "Turismo de Portugal" (Ministry of the Economy, Innovation and Development), that is the national tourism authority responsible for promotion, enhancement and sustainability of tourism activities.
- International driving licence.
- Professional Cooking Chef Diploma (Mediterranean Food - Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian gastronomy).
- Wine and Olive Oil tasting trainning course.
- Very experienced travel.
- Very practical person.
- Deep knowledge of Portugal.