One of the world's most fascinating museums
Explore one of the greatest museums in the world - the Hermitage museum - with a local expert and art lover.
Embark on the exciting journey through 200 years of the Russian Empire from Peter the Great to Nicolas II.
Admire endless enfilades of magnificent state halls and private rooms learning about the Russian Royal family, twists and turns of Russian politics, intrigues and coup d'etats.
On the tour you will visit the Winter palace (the main residence of Russian tsars) and three adjoining palaces housing the art collection significant part of which was accumulated in the 18th century by Catherine the Great.
You will see numerous works by old masters including Leonardo da Vinci, Titian, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Velasquez and the likes. I will give you sufficient and lighthearted explanations and told you fascinating stories behind masterpieces.
The tour is private and I am eager to answer any questions to make your experience truly memorable, personal and unique.
1. I will meet you at your hotel (or any other place).
2. Then we will go to the museum by public transportation. On the way I will introduce you to the city and the Hermitage or we may just have a friendly chat.
3. We will start the tour with a visit to the Winter palace, the Small Hermitage, the Old Hermitage, the New Hermitage (it takes about 2 hours).
4. We will take a short break. It is possible to have lunch or just coffee/tea and snacks at the museum.
5. Last hour of the tour will be spent in the General Staff building - home to the Faberge collection and French impressionists.
In the end of the tour I will accompany you back to your hotel or other place and of course l can give you some advise on what else to do in St Petersburg, where to eat etc.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
public transportation and walking
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
12 USD - A ticket to the museum is about $12 USD per person. You can pay me on the day of tour in cash.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks