Get to explore the amazing ancient city of Durres and visit Cape of Rodon, the hidden jewel of Albanian Coast in one tour!
Welcoming you in this private tour, where you'll be visiting Durres and Cape of Rodon in half-day.
Explore the Ancient history of the city, intertwined with the flow of life nowdays. Durres, a city over 2500 years old, where you will see unique places and still preserved attractions that make this city special. Learn more about the city named "Tavern of the Adriatic" by ancient Catallus, poet of Great Rome. See the downtown area towards the Vollga Promenade, The Archaeological Museum which offers an exhibition of the archaeological findings where you'll get an explicit overview over the history of the city, head to the ruins of the Roman amphitheater built in 2nd century AD, Byzantine fortifications, Venetian Tower and the center of the new town. Travel to the beautiful Cape of Rodon to visit the medieval Romanesque-Gothic St. Anthony church. With it's vicinity near the sea it gives you spectacular panoramic views, a jewel and ideal choice for a relaxing and joyful holiday. . !
The suggested itinerary can be:
*After the Pick up from the port we drive into the centre of the city.
- The walking tour may start from the City Center, Square Liria -or- The Venetian tower and from there we visit:
- Entrance of the Byzantine walls
- The Roman Amphitheatre, giving you a real experience of a large scene in and its splendid art of antiquity.
- Then head to the Archaeological Museum where marvelous ancient treasures await us
- To the Vollga Promenade and there one of the best viewpoints of the city, looking to the entire bay of Durres where we can have any meals, coffee, refreshments or delicious Gelati Italiani, walk and talk about life of the city, its cultural, economical and social life.
- We head by car to the Cape of Rodon and visit the St. Anthony church, it's breathtaking landscapes, seashore and fresh nature.
*After we get back to the city we end the tour in the first start point.
*All itineraries of the tour can be arranged according to your preferences, I welcome & thank you. . !
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port (Durres Port), Airport (Tirana International Airport Mother Teresa (TIA)), Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: Pick up Place and meeting is in Durres Port usually and it's included in the tour price *The tour starts in Durres* If in any case ,coming from another point let me know so we can alternate to meet
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
If there may be any unexpected delays,it may get a half more hour for the full tour duration.
-a private car transport,4+1 seats,air conditioning,comfortable and very clean, year 2002 and up
-walking, within the city and the coastal areas
(try to wear comfortable shoes or trainers for the best walking experience)
*In case there are more visitors to join(up to 10 max.), please contact me for a customized tour arrangement.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 Lekë (25$) - Cash needed for admission tickets on museums,amphitheaters,art houses,etc..,for food and snacks,refreshments and drinks.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks