Spend a few relaxing hours in the beautiful venetian lagoon
After crossing Venice's main waterways, we'll reach first the island of Murano where you'll see local glass masters in action producing their works in an endless colors and shapes at close range.
Later on we'll proceed to the most far away island Torcello. It is a timeless place all sorrounded by green fields with very few buildings and less than 20 people still living there. We'll visit the 1000 years old church and admire the oldest mosaics in the lagoon. In a great sunny day to climb the bell tower is a must, from the summit you'll get the greatest view oover the lagoon.
Later on we'll get off in Mazzorbo, a small island mostly made of agricultural fields and we'll walk through one on our way to Burano. Once a fishermen village, this place is the quintessential picturesque place due to all the home painted in different colors. You may have the chance also to see one of the few places where ladies still make lace.
During the navigation enjoy great views of the open lagoon.
- Depart on a motorboat from your hotel or a convenient dock nearby.
- Navigate Venetian canals
- Arrive in Murano and see glass making in a local workshop
- Proceed to Torcello, time to visit the 1000 years old cathedral and climb the bell tower (no elevator)
- Get off in Mazzorbo, stroll through an open green field on your way to Burano
- Walk around in Burano with little time for a coffee or a snack
- Navigate back to Venice
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: This our can be started from:
- your hotel in town if it has a waterdock
- the nearest waterdock from your hotel
- Venice's main bus&car terminal (Piazzale Roma)
- Venice's main railway station (Santa Lucia)
End location: At the most convenient place for you.
We can decide this together at the time of booking.
Duration: 5 hours
On weekends all year round and from mid July to the end of August, you'll see a glas demonstration in Murano as the main production is off.
The tour will be done using a private motorboat.
- My guding service for five hours.
- Private motorboat available for five hours.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 euro - It is entirely up to you about how much money you want to bring.
Consider personal expenses like food, drinks, souvenirs or any other personal expense
- 10,00 euros per person to enter the church in Torcello and climb the bell tower
- Any personal expenses like food, drink, souvenirs
Licensed Guides in Venice have no restrictions at all.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Fernando gave us a wonderful private water taxi tour to some of the less visited islands. It was fascinating to see small farms being cultivated - their artichokes are famous - providing some tasty produce for Venice - 0 kilometre food sources! Fernando also provided us with knowledgable background on the beautiful island of Torcello, with the original Cipriani's, small plot faming, vegetation lined canals, remnants of Roman occupation, and the famous church with its glittering Byzantine mosaics: perfect!
Robyn Killin McAuliffe