Enjoy the beauty of the most famous summit in Central Switzerland
With the help of cogwheel train (depending on the season) and ropeway, we reach the mighty summit of Pilatus. Here you'll have time to explore the summit region, make the Dragon Trail and do some Shopping.
We undertake a short and easy hike to Tomlishorn, the highest summit of the Group. Afterward, we descend by ropeway to Alpe Fräkmüntegg, from where we start our second hike downhill to cozy Alpe Unterlauenen. Here you won't meet other tourists and are for sure a bit off the beaten trail.
Enjoy another great view of Mount Pilatus with its north face. After another 30 min walking, we reach the bus station in Eigenthal and bus no. 73 brings us then back to Lucerne.
Highlights of this private tour:
- using one of the most spectacular mountain ropeways in the world
- using the steepest cogwheel train in the world (from the middle of May to middle of November)
- enjoying fantastic views from Mount Pilatus and Tomlishorn to Eiger, Jungfrau and many other summits
- visiting a typical Swiss Hut with farm animals
Trip to Mount Pilatus
Stay at Mount Pilatus and hike to Tomlishorn
Hike the dragon trail
Descend to Fräkmüntegg
Hike to Alp Unterlauenen
Stay at Alp Unterlauenen
Hike to the bus station in Eigenthal
By bus back to Lucern.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We can meet at your Hotel, where I can pick you up.
End location: I'll bring you back to your Hotel or any other place in Lucerne
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Tour duration is flexible according to passion of participants and willingness to explore all sites around Mount Pilatus.
My services as your personal hiking guide with:
- Organisation and guidance
- Snacks with typical Swiss products during the hike
- Mineral water and tea on the hike.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 CHF - For dining out at Alpe Lauenen. Credit cards are accepted at the summit Station and also at Fräkmüntegg.
- Tickets for public transport (boat or train ride, cogwheel Train, bus, ropeway). Price depends on your specific Discounts (Tourist pass, Senior, junior, etc.) and season
Regular round ticket Price Luzern-Alpnachstad-Pilatus Kulm-Kriens-Luzern Schiff 2. Klasse inkl. Bus / Boat 2nd class incl. bus app. 100 CHF, reduced with Swiss pass app. 50 CHF
Hiking boots and warm + weatherproofed clothes would be essential for this excursion.
You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs and snacks.
You can enjoy lunch, coffée, etc. in the various restaurants on the trip.