Private tour shore excursion : countryside, tastings, waterfalls, basilica...
Great thing to enjoy in Quebec City : the countryside and the beauties of nature aren't far away !
It's a private tour : so we can hurry to see as much as we can or we can take the time to go to less places, but truly discover them.
Just choose 2 or 3 highlights of the area are :
• Montmorency waterfalls : breathtaking waterfalls, higher than Niagara falls. . . and a very interesting place (first industries, major battle, geology).
• St. Anne de Beaupré basilica : peaceful, impressive and interesting pilgrimage center.
• Canyon St. Anne : small and wild canyon in a well preserved forest.
• Quebec City outside the walls : the opportunity to see some untouristic areas !
• The Island of Orléans : quaint towns, authentic country side, local products to taste (no meals).
• Lévis and the South Shore : a hidden treasure.
If you have special inquiries (ancestry research for example) or if you would like a longer tour to extend the area (Trois-Rivières, Lévis, Portneuf. . . ) : please contact before booking.
This is a private tour. We go where you want in the allotted time. As your private guide, I'll of course take in consideration what you would like to discover to set an itinerary. Itinerary I can set before the tour or even when we start.
With 4 hours, we can't see everything, we have to choose. Most of the time the travellers I guided chose tastings on the Island of Orléans, the St. Anne Basilica and the Montmorency waterfalls.
Sometimes we skip the basilica to focus on Quebec City outside the walls.
It happened we only discovered the Island of Orléans and the waterfalls but we spent more time on each place.
For longer tours I already went to Trois-Rivières and/or Lévis, which are less touristy.
In fact it always depends on the wishes of the travellers. My goal is to fulfill your expectations, manage the timing for the best and providing interesting information. That way you'll have a unique tour, tailored to your interests and pace, beautiful pictures and memories.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
Transit, crowd on the tasting places, weather (we won't go to the canyon if the weather is bad) and winter (many places, including the canyon, are closed during winter).
Transportation between the sites will be ensured by car.
We can use your car or mine.
I've a Subaru Legacy with 3 comfortable seats, but if you're 4, it will be tight for 3 of you (it depends on your size). I already did it, but some people prefer a larger car.
For a bigger car, please contact me now (car renting as extra cost).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 $CAD - Most of the places accept credit cards and even US$ in cash.
It's hard to say now the right amount of the local payments. It depends on the number of tastings you would like to do and the sites we visit.
For example :
- cost of most of the tastings : 5$/pers.
- entrance fee for the waterfalls : 12$/car.
- St. Anne Basilica : free, but donations are welcome.
- Canyon St. Anne : 13,50$/pers.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Xavier was a wonderful tour guide that customized the tour to our liking. We were there for 2 great days and we learned so much through him.