In a comfortable 7 seats Mercedes Viano
Discovering Versailles is very often painful: after a journey of almost 1 hour in a full train, you have then to wait from 30 minutes to 3 hours in one of the longest lines ever!
To avoid that, I have a perfect deal for you:
Go there in a confortable van, have a reservation already set to skip the line, be accompanied by a experienced guide and be ready to enjoy this astonishing palace!
In Versailles I will explain you: the agitated origins of the palace built by the sun king Louis the 14th, the personalities of the diferent kings, queens and "favorites" who lived here, the know-how of dozens of arquitects, painters, gardeners, cabinet makers who made this delightfull palace a reality, the art and rules of the courteers, of what happen during the french revolution, during the Treaty of 1919.
Also available for a whole day including Marie Antoinette estate: Petit, Grand Trianon and Hameau de la Reine (her fancy garden). Ask me for more information.
Please note: Versailles is closed on Monday.
I will describe, comment, tell you the story of what's further :
- OUTSIDE : Small and great stables, The symbolic 3 roads of Versailles and its link with Washington DC, la place d'armes, la cour de marbre
- INSIDE : escalier Gabriel, the king's CHAPEL, the Hercule's room, the enfilade PUBLIC APPARTMENTS of the king (6 rooms), the bull's eye antechamber, the bedchamber, the Council study, the enfilade Queen's appartments (4 rooms), Peace and War rooms and the astonishing, brilliant, overwhelming HALL OF MIRORS
- GARDENS : Great canal and perspective, facade of the palace from the gardens, the Orangerie, few headen gardens called "bosquet" if opened, the Latone fontain, the Apollo fontain.
That's allready a good program for around a 2 and a half hour stay in Versailles. A whole day visit (8h from Paris)is also available. The visit adds two small palaces : the Petit and Grand Trianon and le Hameau de la reine (English gardens): the intimate private estate of Marie Antoinette
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel or appartment within Paris or nearby surburbs
End location: Your hotel or appartment within Paris or nearby surburbs
Duration: 4 hours
4 hours from your hotel and coming back
Transportation in a confortable 9 seater van
- Transportation in a confortable van up to 8 persons
- Gas, parking, insurance, all taxes
- Driver and licensed tourist guide
- Skip the line by the group entrance
- Individual Tickets to the public appartements and the Hall of Mirrors
- Entrance in the garden when it's free of charge
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 euros - You don't need cash unless you want to buy souvenirs in the gift shop of the palace
- Personal expenses : food, drinks and souvenirs
- In case of "water show" inside the gardens, the entrance fee is 9€ per person
That is the case on tuesday and the week end during the high season from the end of march to the beginning of october
Free of charge during the low season
Ask me for more detailled informations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
5 star guide, definitely recommend. It was our first time taking a private tour and we were a little unsure what to expect, but Romain quickly put us at ease. Our guided visit to Versailles with him was one of the highlights of our trip to Paris. Romain is highly knowledgeable, personable, humorous and courteous. Excellent English and driving too.