The ruins of Ayutthaya explored.
To really understand Thailand and how it became what it is today, you have to visit the former capital of Ayutthaya.
The ruin brick tempels are all that is left from the glory days of Thailand. While wondering around the Buddha statues and immense palaces that were contsructed by slaves and farmers, you will feel the grandeur of this ancient Kingdom.
The wat Chai Wattanaram temple is located on teh Chao Praya riverbanks and is so well preserved it still sparks the imagination of ancient times. Nearby Thai Kings traded animal skins, gold, gem stones, herbs and much more with foreign countries like Holland, Japan and Portugal.
The foundations of the city acted as a blueprint for Bangkok and you will know everything what happened before the capital switched from Ayutthaya to Bangkok.
After this tour you will know why Thailand was never colonized by foreign powers and why we are so proud to be Thai.
09. 00 Depart Bangkok.
10. 30 Arrive at Wat Chai Wattanaram temple.
11. 30 Take boat ride around the island of Ayutthaya and see the city in a different way.
12. 30 Arrive at local market and have a delicious local lunch.
14. 00 Visit to the Wat Mahatat temple.
14. 45 Visit to Wat Phra Si Sanphet ancient palace grounds.
17. 00 Back at your hotel in Bangkok.
And if you want I am happy to customize the tour for you. Please inquire for a quote.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 8 hours
- Private air-conditioned van/car with driver.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 THB - Souvenirs, drinks and personal expenses (approx. $ 15 usd but it depends on what you spend).
- Personal Expenses
- No restrictions as a guide.