A swoop in the Roman life (with private transportation) - skip the line included
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED
This tour consists in a marvelous walk around of the ancients roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried from the ashes of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a. D. In 4 hours I'll be able to show you most of the highlights!
A walk in Pompeii is a very intense experience; you'll have the feeling of wandering in a still alive town. I will explain you the history of the town and how the romans lived showing you all the most important public buildings and private houses.
Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved. While Pompeii had been covered in four/five meters of ashes, an avalanche of muds 20 meters thick had buried Herculaneum.
It is still possible seeing second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics. With my explanation I'll make the city come to life.
**AS YOU ARRIVE TO POMPEII I CAN BUY THE TICKETS FOR YOU IF YOU WISH, SO TO SKIP THE LINE, EVERYTHING WILL BE DONE IN 5-10 MINUTES**
- Pick up at the port or other meeting location.
- Transfer to Pompeii
- Two hours walking tour of the archaeological area
This tour of Pompeii lasting two hours allows seeing in detail the western part of the ancient town where the most important public buildings homes and shops are located.
Highlights: the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (main square), the Forum baths, the Lupanar (brothel), the bakery, the house of Faun, the Termopolium Capuano, the house of Tragic Poet, the plaster casts.
- Stop for a lunch in a typical restaurant, winery or pizzeria
- Transfer to Herculaneum
- Two hours guided tour of the archeological area Herculaneum:A wonderful walk through the city of Herculaneum with Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more.
- Drop off at the port or other meeting location.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The Ports of Naples, Salerno, Sorrento and Amalfi or any other meeting location to be agree with the customers
End location: The Ports of Naples, Salerno, Sorrento and Amalfi or any other meeting location to be agree with the customers
Duration: 7 hours
- Mercedes minivan Viano or Vito
- Mercedes E class
year: no older than 2010
- My guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour
- Private transportation by a modern Mercedes limousine or minivan with a professional driver
- All taxes, gas and parking expenses.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Eur - combo ticket;
prices are per person
- Admission fees (Pompeii ticket 15 euro p.p., Herculaneum 11 euro p.p., free under 18 years old)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
What can I say? Paolo was the best guide we have ever had, knowledgeable, kind, a great historian and just a really nice guy. We all learned the history of Pompeii and Hericulium in a way we could understand and enjoy. Due to Paolo's career and background, we would recommend him as a first choice when visiting Naples.