Climb the Tower of Pisa up (skip the line tickets) and drive to the Tuscan hills, tasting local products
Pisa is well know as the city of the Leaning Tower, but this incredible city reveals his real face when you walk through the narrow streets of the old quarters. Pisa is part of Tuscany, Etruscan lands, but also the country of food and wine. The mountains are full of olive trees, the hills are drawn by a thousand of vineyards.
On the top of the hills of Pisa, the city of Volterra rests as an old powerful queen.
Volterra is a jewel of Etruscan, Medieval and Renaissance art.
It dominates the Val di Cecina from the top of a 550 m. above the sea level hill to the coast line.
History left its signs with continuity through artistic and monumental testimonies: the Etruscan Acropolis, the roman Theatre, the great walls, the Alabaster. . .
Definitively my favorite tour!
I'll meet you at the Cruise ship terminal and we'll drive together to Pisa, where we will visit the Square of Miracles with its monuments: the Cathedral, the Baptistery, the Graveyard, the Hospital and the Leaning Tower (bell tower).
After the Tower and a short time for shopping, we'll reach our driver that will take us to Volterra, the queen of the Etruscan. After the guided tour you will have time enough for lunch (I'll show you my favorite places there, even if I suggest you a light one, eh eh!) and then to my best friend's winery, to taste up to 4 different wines and grappa (whit other products, it's Italy!)
Itinerary in Pisa: visit of the Square of Miracles and climb up the Tower
Itinerary in Volterra: visit of the Square of Priors, a perfect example of the medieval style, the roman Theatre, Cathedral and Baptistery, Alabaster workshop, Etruscan walls.
I'll be with you until the end of the tour, exactly in front of your Cruise Ship.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I'll meet you at the cruise ship terminal where your ship will dock in Livorno (I'll hold a sign with your name)
End location: Exactly where we met in the morning (Cruise ship terminal)
Duration: 9 hours
Private car with driver
- Skip the line tickets for the Tower of Pisa
- Pisa and Volterra guided tour (with me)
- wine tasting (up to 4 wines and grappa + local products)
- guided tour in a stunning winery of Tuscany (merlot and sangiovese, Chianti style)
- private car and driver at your disposal during the all trip: transportation to and from Livorno (air conditioning, gasoline, city fees, all included)
- mineral water
- a lot of fun!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 Euro - - extra meal or snack up to € 30,00 per person
- extra monuments or museums up to € 15,00 per person
- Any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs, snacks, restaurant meals, extras...
- lunch or dinner
- Entrance fees for other monuments, museums or churches of Pisa and Volterra (apart from the Tower of Pisa tickets)
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.