On the Way With Train, Bus, Boat, World's Steepest Cogwheel Train and Cable Car in A Scenic Lake and Mountain Area
Spectactular train trip from Zurich via Lucerne and along lakes and with the steepest cogwheel train in the world up to Mount Pilatus and back on a different way.
Mount Pilatus: The world's steepest cogwheel railway or the panorama gondolas and aerial cableway. Pilatus offers a unique alpine experience! Possibilities of short walks on the top of the mountain.
We will enjoy a picnic with typical local Swiss products I bring with me or if you prefer, have lunch in a fine panoramic restaurant on the top of Mount Pilatus (not included).
On the way back from Mount Pilatus to Lucerne we will either take cable cars and a bus or the cog train and boat. Different combinations are possible but depend on the season. In winter (November to End of April) only version with cable car. For the rest, you take the decision up to your convenience!
- With train to Lucerne
- Boat ride (in winter with train or bus) on Lake Lucerne
- With one of steepest cog trains in the world to Pilatus
- About 1. 5 hours on the top of PIlatus to enjoy the great panoramic view. Time may be adapted to your wishes and weather.
- Cable car and bus to Lucerne
- Short guided visit of Lucerne and some free time (about 1. 5 hours in total)
- Train back to Zurich
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Zurich main train station
End location: Zurich main train station
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Duration depends on available means of transport
- Cable car all year round possible
- Cog train (one of the steepest in the world) only from beginning/mid May until about End of October/Mid November in operation). When cog train is not in operation, use of cable car for both ways.
- Boat (reduced timetable in winter time if operating at all). When boat is not in operation, use of bus and cable car for both ways.
All by train.
Here in Switzerland we have an excellent and very efficient public transportation, you will not need a car to go on my trips. Everywhere I will take you we can rely on them; especially in the mountains it is easier to travel by train, busses, cable car, chairlift etc. In addition, it gives us full liberty of our journey and to alternate routes.