Your private tour guide to discover Hanoi Past and Present
Hanoi is one of the most charming cities in Southeast Asia.
Years of war and political isolation have combined to keep the Vietnamese capital off the tourist map - at least until fairly recently.
Travelers will be surprised and delighted to find that Hanoi is probably the most beautiful capital city in Southeast Asia, combining indigenous architectural treasures with fine examples of French colonial architecture. The people are friendly, the food is excellent.
7. 00: Meet up at the Cruise Harbor Gate in Halong city, start a 3 and half hours drive to visit Hanoi city. Stop en route half way to have a short break.
10. 45: Reach to Hanoi. Visit Hoa Lo Prison known as Hanoi Hilton where used to keep American pilots POWs.
11. 30: Visit Temple of Literature - The 1st university of Vietnam from 1000 years ago.
12. 30: Enjoy a special Vietnamese lunch in one of the local restaurant in Hanoi that brings you the REAL taste of Hanoi.
14. 00: Take a walk into a small lake hidden in the backstreet alleys of Hanoi to visit some wreckage of B52 shot down on Huu Tiep lake.
15. 00: Indulge yourself with a cup of egg coffee in Hanoi. The egg coffee is made with normal black Vietnamese coffee and egg yolk whisked with milk and sugar. It tasted a bit like tiramisu on the top, very creamy and rich. You will love it.
16. 00: Finish the tour with walking the old quarters of Hanoi before transferring back to the cruise ship in Halong.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Halong Pier Harbor
End location: Halong Pier Harbor
Duration: 10 hours
From 10 hours to 12 hours depending on your time frame from cruise ship
4 seater car (Toyota) or 7 seater car (Toyota Innova or Ford Everest) for 2 people and 16 seater mini bus (Ford Transit or Mercedes) for 3 people to 10 people
All entrance fees
A bottle of mineral water each guest
Vietnamese lunch at local restaurant in Hanoi
Free wifi (in my network)
Private air conditioned car
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 USD - Drinks and personal expenses
25 USD per person to pay for the entrance permission fee to the Cruise Harbour to pick up and see off.
Entrance permission fee to the Cruise Harbour to pick up and see off.
I am not a driver. I can arrange private air conditioned car with driver for 2 persons and minibus as Ford Transit for up from 3 persons.
I also could customize tours upon your requests.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thien "Anh" Cao - 3/7/2017 was our guide in Hanoi for 2 days. Hanoi is a very difficult city to get to and get around in. Anh & our driver Mr. Hero were terrific in being efficient & saving us time while we able to see more sites than possible. Anh was very informative & interesting & kind. We all (3 couples) would strongly recommend using his services for any visit to the exciting city of Hanoi. With plenty of room in the van and also ask for the Vietnam coffee - 'mmm good.