The Latin Quarter, Saint-Germain-des-Prés and the Luxembourg gardens
I've been living 'Rive Gauche' for the past 25 years, so I'll be more than happy to share with you the secrets of this iconic neighborhood!
-The Latin Quarter, home of the famous Sorbonne University, with its winding little old streets always brimming with students.
-The Mouffetard market street, lined with bakeries, cheese shops, and fruits and vegetables stands.
-The picturesque place de la Contrescarpe, with its numerous cafés and restaurants
-The beautiful Hôtel de Cluny, built in the 15th century, over the ruins of a massive Gallo-Roman bath complex.
-The Arènes de Lutèce, remains of Paris' Roman heritage
-Saint-Germain-des-Prés and its legendary cafés and where, after World War II, the existentialists gathered in popular jazz clubs. Today, Saint-Germain-des-Prés hosts the most prestigious retailers and art galleries.
-The Luxembourg gardens, haven of peace in the heart of this bustling area. Every true Parisian loves it!
- Last but not least, the best macaroon-makers can be found near the gardens!
The itinerary will vary depending on your interests and could include some of the major landmarks, such as:
- The Sorbonne Univeristy (exteriors)
- The Panthéon (exteriors)
- The Mouffetard market street
- Place de la Contrescarpe
- The Luxembourg gardens
- Saint-Sulpice church
- Place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
- Hotel de Cluny (exterior)
- Arènes de Lutèce
and so much more…
but it will also include my favourite lesser-known sights!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel in Paris or at any place convenient to you.
End location: Anywhere in Paris: your hotel, a museum, a restaurant or a café, a park... Wherever it suits you best
Duration: 3 hours
Walking, bus, metro
- My services as your private tour guide
- My tips to make you feel like a true Parisian, in the metro, in a café, at the "boulangerie" (bakery)!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 € - - One day travelcard (metro & bus) : 7€
- Snacks and refreshments: 10-15€ ; small macaroon: approx. 2€
- Entrance fees, if any: 15€
- Transportation (metro, bus)
- Snacks and refreshments
- Entrance fees (Delacroix'studio and private garden), if included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (souvenirs etc.)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a womderful tour of the left bank of Paris with Anne. We got great insight on what it was like to live in Paris as well as the history of the city. We got an opportunity to walk in areas that we probably never would of gone to as a tourist. Thank you Anne.