Explore Luang Prabang's most famous natural sites!
See two of Luang Prabang's most popular attractions in one tour by minivan. In the morning, we'll enjoy a drive by minivan to the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Ou Rivers where we'll cross the Mekong River by boat to explore the upper and lower Pak Ou Caves, famous for the thousands of Buddhist statues. After a drive along the Mekong River in the warmer afternoon hours, we'll enjoy the refreshing Kuang Si Waterfall in beautiful jungle canopy and visit the Bear Sanctuary before returning to Luang Prabang.
8'00AM pick up from the hotel.
- 30 minute drive to Pak Ou caves, a 16th century cave monastery filled with thousands of Buddha images.
-Before we Transfer to Kuang si Waterfall , we will stop at Ban Xanghai village to see how Lao traditional rice whisky is distilled. Adventurous guests are free to try a sample
- 1hour drive to Kuang Si Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the turquoise pool.
For the adventurous, it is possible to walk to the top of the falls via a steep track where stunning views await you at the top.
- Bear Rescue Centre, that does a great job in protecting and rehabilitating the rare Asiatic Black Bear
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch next to the falls
- On the way back to the City, we'll stop to visit a fascinating Hmong culture museum where your guide will give you an introduction to Hmong crafts, lifestyle, and culture
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up from hotel.
End location: Back to your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Private minivan with air-condioned
• All entrance fees
• English speaking guide
• All transportation with private Minivan
• Boat and drinking water
• drinking water
• Tax 20%
Estimated Local Cash Needed
400000 Kip - In case you would like to do shopping, buy some souvenir, get some more drinks and foods
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Great tour with Jay, perfect transport and great information and conversation throughout the day. Highly recommended!