Scenery, City Highlights, free time at Albatross Centre
Experience the beauty of Dunedin on a fantastic 5-hour tour of rich heritage, spectacular scenery, and unique wildlife.
You will experience the gorgeous and memorable landscape of Otago Peninsula with amazing string of rugged beaches, bays and wildlife.
I will show you the most breathtaking views and take you closer to nature and its wildlife.
- Departure from Port Chalmers.
- Scenic drive through the city. Stops at: Baldwin Street, Signal Hill Lookout Point, Dunedin Botanic upper garden, Otago University, Octagon, First Church, Dunedin Railway station.
- Scenic drive onto Otago Peninsula via Highcliff road with the most breathtaking views.
- Stop at Royal Albatross Centre (about 1 hour): this place offers the world's only mainland colony of Royal Albatross. Here you have the option to either take lunch, explore the visitor center or wander outside (since it's generally pretty windy, you are likely to see flying the largest seabirds!).
- Scenic drive back to Port via Portobello Road, along the harbor, where you are likely to see wading birds.
After the tour, you will return back to the port or if you prefer I can drop you off in downtown for some shopping.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
Mercedes Benz Van for a group of up to 6 people.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 New Zealand dollar - To purchase lunch and souvenirs.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Asta rearranged her schedule so that we could go to both the albatross center and the penguin place. We went an hour over our scheduled time so that we could go to both places. The tour was absolutely great. She was very knowledgeable on the wildlife and the area