SKIP THE LINE tickets included - Highlights or custom itinerary private tour
* Private 2. 5 hours tour of the Musee d'Orsay
* Skip the long lines and meet face to face with masterpieces of Impressionism
* Discover the secrets of Manet, Van Gogh and Monet and what makes their Art Revolution
* Explore the world's most inspiring art at your own pace
* Enjoy and feel free to ask all questions to your Private Local Guide
* Morning, afternoon or evening tour, choose what is best for you!
This is a sample itinerary:
First, we will go back to the love story between Paris and Artists in the 1800's. Relive the excitement of the 'Salon' and see how Impressionism could not have been born anywhere else. The expansion of the City of Lights, new technics and new visions, the sparkling Parisian nights and party-people. . . as a painter then, where else would you have dreamed to live?
We will jump into this fantastic era to discover this once beautiful train station now turned into one of the world's most re-known museum. On your right a copy of the Statue of Liberty, on your left paintings by Manet and right in front of you some of the greatest works by Rodin. You definitely are in the right place aren't you?!
Together, we will compare the Official Art of France' Second Empire and the Revolutionary Vision of the Impressionists.
As the tour continue, you will get to admire the work by their disciples from all over the world: Starry night by Van Gogh or Moulin Rouge by Toulouse-Lautrec. And much more!!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Directly by the musee d'Orsay or at your hotel/restaurant - as you see fit.
End location: At the musee d'Orsay at the end of the tour or at your hotel/restaurant - as you see fit.
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
Availabilty: Tuesday to Sunday (closed on Monday)
Morning tour: 9.30am - Afternoon tour: 2pm - Evening tour: 5.30pm (Thu. only)
* SKIP-THE-LINE ticket of Musee d'Orsay
* 2.5 hour custom private tour
* All taxes and entrance fees
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 euros - For a drink/snack or souvenir
* Food and drinks
* Personal expenses
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Bertrand was an excellent guide. He is very personable and he had the right balance of information and humour. He chose different interesting things to see and allowed time for us to spend on the things that I was most interested in. A great way to beat the queue and to enjoy the Musee in more depth.