During this tour you'll get acquainted with the most famous Sevastopol and Balaklava sights, well-known battlefield of the Crimean campaign and monuments devoted to their participants.
- First we visit the Monument to the Scuttled Ships in the city centre of Sevastopol.
- Then we drive to Panorama "Defence of Sevastopol, 1854-1855" that is the masterpiece of battle painting and surrounding monuments.
- Drive to Malakhov Hill. During the defense of Sevastopol 1854-1855 it was the key position of the left flank of the defensive line.
- Sapoune Ridge where Lord Raglan's viewpoint was located during the Battle of Balaklava. We'll observe the whole Balaklava Valley - Valley of Death: "Thin Red Line", the Charge of the Light Brigade.
- Visit to Balaclava valley:Reconciliation Stone Monument and the Monument to the 4th redoubt.
- Drive to Balaklava harbor where British camp was situated in Crimean war and where famous Florence Nightingale was busy as a nurse.
It's possible to have lunch in the middle of the tour.
Our day and the time we start the tour is flexible and is meant to accommodate your schedule and interests.
I would recommend comfortable shoes for this tour.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: If you are coming to Sevastopol by ship I'll meet you in the port and will be waiting in the parking area (as close to the ship as it is only possible). I'll hold the card with your name in my hands and you'll recognise me easily. In case you are staying in one of city hotels we can meet at the reception at certain time.
End location: At the end of our tour I'll bring you back to the port or to the hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Modern clean vehicle with air-conditioning.
**Due to OFAC sanctions against my country, 100% of the tour cost is payable in cash in USD or EUR to me at the start of the tour.**.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Really excellent tour - very knowledgeable and information presented in a most interesting fashion. Delightful young lady who spoke excellent English and could answer all our questions. Brand new air conditioned car made a big difference on a hot day, and the driver even came back to our ship to deliver binoculars that I had left behind. You would be hard pressed to find a better guide. I would recommend without reservation.
Edward John Smith