Half-day Orang Utan Island tour at Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island Foundation.
The Orang Utans are the three (Borneon, Sumatran & Tapanuli) exclusively Asian species of extant great apes. Native to Indonesia and Malaysia, Orang Utans are found only in the rain forests of Borneo and Sumatra.
The Bornean Orang Utans population declined by 50% in the past 60 years. The Sumatran Orang Utans populations declined by 80% in 75 years. Their habitat has decreased rapidly due to logging and forest fires, fragmentation by roads as well as the conversion of vast areas of tropical forest to palm oil plantations in response to international demand.
4. 5 hours tour guide service + Car (Perodua MyVi or Toyota Vios) for 1 ~ 3 travelers (or up to 4 travelers if small sizes and don't mind to squeeze a bit).
In case I am no longer available for booking on your date of arrival, please consider my team-mate "Lawrence L. " who is also registered under ToursByLocals.
Please AMEND if needed:
* Excludes all ferry fee and entrance tickets
- Cross the NEW Penang Bridge and travel to Bukit Merah.
- Board the ferry at Bukit Merah Resort's jetty.
- Arrive at Orang Utan Island. Tour commentary to be conducted by the staff of the sanctuary.
- Back to Bukit Merah Resort's jetty. Cross the OLD Penang Bridge back to Penang Island.
- Back to the port/hotel.
** Please consider my team-mate Mr. Lawrence L for this tour if I am not available.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: For passengers of cruise ship stop-over: Pickup @ Penang Cruise Centre (Swettenham Port).
Please see the port photo of this tour package for the exact MEETING POINT.
For free travelers: Pickup @ hotel lobby.
Or pickup at any location as agreed.
End location: For passengers of cruise ship stop-over: Send off @ Penang Cruise Centre (Swettenham Port)
For free travelers: Send off @ hotel lobby.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
Perodua MyVi or Toyota Vios (1,300cc)
* Up to 3 adults or maximum 4 adults if small sizes and don't mind to squeeze a bit.
> 4.5 hour half-day tour *INCLUDING* tour guide fee.
> Petrol, toll and parking fee included.
> Car (Perodua Myvi or Toyota Vios).
** 1~3 tourists ( or 4 tourists if small sizes and don't mind to squeeze a bit) + 1 tour guide (driver)
> 1 bottle drinking water per person.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 RM$ - You need about RM$36 or US$10 to pay the entrance and ferry tickets. If you do not have Ringgit Malaysia (RM$), you may exchange with the tour guide using US Dollars (US$).
But you are advised to prepare some Ringgit Malaysia for drinks or souvenirs.
All meals (on own expenses).
* The based price EXCLUDES ferry fee and all entrance tickets.
* Please pay for the tickets yourself at the ticket counters. The total fee is about US$10/person for the whole trip.
* I am a licensed Malaysian CITY tour guide (blue badge). I DO NOT conduct nature/jungle tours (which require a green badge).