Explore the History of Old Dhaka with your own Private Guide
Old Dhaka is known as a living museum with a cultural background reaching back more than 400 years as the capital city of this region. In the 12th century, the township developed on the bank of the river Buriganga, based on the Dhakeshwari temple (The central Hindu temple of Bangladesh). During Mugals (1608) Dhaka was made the capital of Bengal.
We'll visit Sadarghat, central river port. Walking along the mass through some narrow lanes & explore the lifestyle of the locals known as "Dhakaia". Handicrafts, workshops & markets along with traditional foods are really great. Armenian Church is a historically significant architectural monument situated in old Dhaka. Star Mosque - the most decorative mosque of the city.
You will enjoy the Rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes of old Dhaka, which is full of cultural activities.
Lalbagh Mughal Fort, built by prince Azam in 1678, is still unfinished.
- In the morning, we'll pick you up from your place in Dhaka.
- Proceed to Dhakeshwari Hindu temple (2 pm-4 pm closed) & Lalbagh Mughal Fort.
- Visit Sadarghat, central river port. Boating on the river Buriganga (if you like) & Pink Palace, the home of Dhaka King's open at 10:30 am (closed on Thursday, and till 2 pm on Friday).
- Walking along the mass through some narrow lanes & explore the lifestyle of the locals known as "Dhakaia".
- We'll explore local handicrafts, workshops & markets along with traditional foods during our visit in old Dhaka.
- We'll also visit Armenian Church, Star Mosque & enjoy local lunch at any restaurant.
**I can customized tours on request.
**If possible, visit Friday, because Friday is a holiday here, so traffic is low, its easy to hang around sight seeing.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel/any place in Dhaka city
End location: At airport/Hotel/any place in Dhaka city
Duration: 7 hours
Starting & finishing time may change as per guest's interest
Hotel pick and drop off will be done by A/C private car.
We'll use a Rickshaw in the Old Town.
- My time and service as your private guide.
- Hotel pick and drop off in a A/C private car.
- Rent of a Rickshaw for local sightseeing tour.
- Admission fees for all sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- Complementary snacks which are famous in the old town. ( Depends on place)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Taka - Food per person : Lunch- 500 Taka (Approx)
For two person : Lunch 1000 Taka (Approx)
Any other personal purchases or expenses.
- Lunch & Drinks.
- Any other personal purchases or expenses.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and drive.