Unforgettable tour to the past: explore medieval capital of Russia!
Novgorod the Great is UNESCO heritage - this is the city with unique architecture of as early as 10th century, it used to be the important town in Hanseatic League and the capital of Novgorod Republic.
Everything in Novgorod is breathing with history, over there you will undoubtedly feel as in medieval Russia and will have a chance to try unforgettable authentic food!
Needless to say that this tour can be customized according to the requests of our guests.
1. Picking up the guests at their location.
2. Traveling to Novgorod the Great (3 hours). Talking about history, Russian orthodoxy and culture on a way. Comfort stops at request.
3. Exploring Kremlin and Yaroslav Yard. Visiting Holy Sofia Church and Novgorod Museum of History, a talk about the Millenium of Rus' monument.
4. Lunch in a restaurant of the Russian cuisine.
5. Traveling to Saint George functioning monastery. Excursion. Enjoying the view of Volhov, ancient Rurik's Yard, Lake Ilmen.
6. Visiting Vitoslavlitsy - the open-air museum of peasants' wooden houses. Excursion with a talk about customs and traditions.
7. Visiting a souvenir fair (optional).
8. Driving guests back to their location.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 12 hours
Our guests will travel to Great Novgorod in a car or a minivan, according to the amount of guests. Our vehicles are always modern, clean and air-conditioned.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
4000 Rubles - Lunch in a restaurant of the Russian cuisine and souvenirs.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Being a licenced guide, I have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Alla was a very kind and knowledgeable tour guide. The tour was customizable so she adjusted to our pacing. She made our tour light and fun. She'll suggest stuff to do and visit and it was in our own discretion on what we would choose. We wanted to eat good food and she brought us to a very good restaurant. We also asked her to bring us to antique and souvenir shops. It was a great experience as she was well-informed in antiques and artworks as well. I would highly recommend Alla in your future trips!