Otago Peninsula and City Highlights Tour with a Private Guide
This 1 day (6 hours) tour showcases the spectacular scenery around Dunedin as well as taking in some highlights of the city.
We start the day walking through the magnificent Botanic Gardens, viewing NZ Native trees and exotic birds.
Next we drive up to Signal Hill Road for a grand view of the City of Dunedin and Harbor. On the way back we stop at Baldwin street; the steepest street in the world.
From here we drive to the center city to visit the Dunedin Iconic Railway Station.
Next we leave for the Otago Peninsula stopping on the way for a light lunch. We continue our journey to the top of the Otago Peninsula where we may spot some Royal Albatrosses and other seabirds.
We continue to Allan's beach to view the wildlife which may include sea-lions and if you're very lucky, penguins.
Regardless of what wildlife is visiting that day you will have a magnificent view of the South Pacific Ocean towards Antarctica. Pick up and drop off from the Cruise Terminal at Port Chalmers.
- Pick up at the wharf by the "Private tour waiting area"
- Drive along the shore of the Otago harbor to Dunedin
- Explore the Botanical Garden, native birds and trees
- Stop at Baldwin street (the steepest street in the world)
- Drive to the Center City and visit the Iconic Railway Station
- Drive to the Otago Peninsula to Allan's Beach to view some Sea Lions and NZ Fur Seals
- Drive to the top of the Peninsula to spot some Royal Albatross and other Seabirds
- Stop at Portobello Pub for lunch (local beer and food)
- Drive back to the City along the shore
- Visit the City Center, Octagon, St-Paul Cathedral, shopping if requested
- Drive back to Port Chalmers (Dunedin wharf)
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 6 hours
12 seater Mini-Bus
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 NZD - Lunch
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Claudie F was excellent - sensitive to our wishes and a great guide. We all enjoyed our tour, despite some inclement weather.