Mtskheta - Jvari Monastery - Gori - Uplistsikhe with a private guide
Mtskheta was the ancient capital of Kartli, the East Georgian Kingdom from the 3rd century BC to the 5th century AD. and was also the location where Christianity was proclaimed as the official religion of Georgia in 337. The property consists of the Jvari Monastery, the Svetitstkhoveli Cathedral and the
Jvari - Monastery is a sixth century Georgian Orthodox monastery near Mtskheta, eastern Georgia. Along with other historic structures of Mtskheta, it is listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Jvari Monastery stands on the rocky mountain top at the confluence of the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers, overlooking the town of Mtskheta, which was formerly the capital of the Kingdom of Iberia.
The Joseph Stalin Museum is a museum in Gori -the leader of the Soviet Union, who was born in Gori.
Uplistsikhe - Located in Eastern Georgia, The place was founded in the late Bronze Age, around 1000 BC, and continued to be inhabited until 13th century AD.
Tour will start in the morning, We will see most known and interesting places such as:
- Jvari monastery. Beautiful view of merging on 2 different rivers from top of mountain)
- Mtskheta city (The old Capital of Georgia, Before 5th century)
- Svetitskhoveli Catedral (one of the main church for Christians, inside in buried mantle of Jesus Christ)
- Samtavaro monastery.
- Gori city.
- Joseph Stalin's garden/home he was born.
- Joseph Stalin's bulletproof train.
- Uplistsikhe Ancient city. (Dated X century B. C)
P. S. About lunchtime we will agree on the way, Depending on hunger.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel/Airport/Address in Tbilisi.
End location: Hotel/Airport/Address in Tbilisi.
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
We will use following cars:
- Toyota Prius 2008 ( it has a half electrical engine and I want to care about nature). In case of casual road.
- Jeep Liberty 2012 - (spec trail rated version) In case of snow or mud.
The tour price includes:
- fresh Georgia mineral water.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 GEL - For lunch and souvenirs per person
Admission tickets for attractions we visit. (tickets for Uplistsikhe Entrance).
There is Dress code in Georgian Orthodox churches and Monasteries. ladies need dress and scarfs to cover the body, and men should wear long trousers
you should not enter there during the pray or service. I can provide dress and scarfs for the ledies
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The tour guide was very friendly and informative, and he had many interesting stories to tell about the areas which we visited. The vehicle was comfortable and perfect for the trip. The places which we visited were interesting and the sights were well with the visit. Highly recommended.
Mignon van Wyk