A tour through the art, history and traditions of Mexico City
Downtown Mexico City has been inscribed in the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites because of it's cultural and historical importance, and this is where the Spanish started to build what is now Modern Mexico City in the 16th century on the ruins of the conquered Tenochtitlan. As the center of the ancient Aztec Empire and the seat of power for the Spanish colony of New Spain, the Centro Historico contains most of the city's historic sites from both eras as well as a large number of museums.
The presence of Diego Rivera is found all over, he painted several murals in many of the main government and private buildings including the "Dream of a Sunday's afternoon at the Central Alameda park" at hotel del Prado, murals at the National Fine Arts Palace and of course the National Palace, all of which we'll visit on this tour.
Madero and Cinco de Mayo streets will lead us through history, architecture, food and the crowd to the Plaza de la Constitucion, the main square and emblem of the Mexican society.
10:00 At the opening time of the Diego Rivera's Mural Museum
10:45 Central Alameda park
11:15 Fine Arts Palace
14:00 Madero and Cinco de Mayo streets
14:30 Metropolitan Cathedral and Main Square
16:00 National Palace
18:00 End of tour
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the entrance of the Diego Rivera Mural Museum (Calle Balderas y Colon S/N, Cuauhtémoc, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX). Next to the Central Alameda park.
End location: At the Main Square in Downtown Mexico City.
Duration: 6 hours
The museums are not open on Mondays
* Tour guide licensed by SECTUR (Federal Tourism Bureau)
* Entrance fees to the museums
* Purified water
* Fruit snacks
* A la carte lunch away from the crowds
* Knowledgeable explanation of the downtown area, history, architecture, legends and traditions.
* Guided service, commitment to your needs and interests, advice on any situation you may require
orientation and the certainty that you are dealing with a professional and experienced individual
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 pesos - Souvenirs, drinks and beverages are not included in the price of the tour.
* Transportation from / to your lodging to the starting point
* Personal expenses, drinks and beverages, souvenirs
* Photographic / video permits.
* Pick up at the airport is available at an extra charge.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
lots of fun, easy going and very flexible. Great day Thanks