City, First Time Visitor, Other
Kid Friendly: Yes.
The tour can be made 'wheelchair' friendly, but we will be limited to which vaults we can visit.
Maximum travelers: 10
English (fluent), German (basic), Russian (advanced)
The Western Walls and Vaults
Take a walking tour of medieval Southampton.
We shall follow the western walls and discover the history of the medieval merchant town.
* where Henry VIII met Anne Boleyn in secret
* who helped the Royal Navy to become so successful in battle by his designs and innovations
* all about the Pilgrim Fathers and the Mayflower
* see where the US Soldiers in WWII were stationed
* and much much more. . .
* Meet at the Bargate or other designated point
* Walk through the streets of Southampton, stopping at certain buildings of interest and vault
* The tour finishes at the Woolhouse (Dancing Man Brewery).
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The Bargate:
End location: Our tour will finish at the Dancing Man Brewery:
Duration: 1 hour 30 min.
* An interesting and entertaining tour of the medieval city of Southampton.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 British Pound Sterling - * £10 - lunch
* £5 - entrance to Tudor House Museum (we pass by the museum on the tour)
* £5 - Guide book of the museum
The amount of local currency that you carry will depend on whether you have plans to buy drinks or food or souvenirs.
The figures quoted above are only guidelines.
* Please ensure that you have suitable footwear for a walking tour.
I am not a driver guide.