Discover the treasures of the most beautiful city in Wiltshire
We meet up at the cruise ship terminal or hotel and make our way to Salisbury via the New Forest.
The New Forest was made into a hunting ground by William the Conqueror in the 11th century.
Today, you can see the famous New Forest Ponies as well as pigs, donkeys, cattle and sheep (and if you are very lucky a Deer or two).
Our journey will take us through the picturesque village of Downton in Wiltshire, where you will get to see some very traditional thatched cottages and an unusually named Pub.
On arrival in Salisbury, we shall visit the 13th-century cathedral, see an original copy of the Magna Carta, and the oldest working clock in history, dating from 1386.
We continue our tour exploring the streets and of Salisbury, which were laid down in the 13th century.
You will get to see the famous market square where a market has been held since 1227, and the Guildhall, where the Mayor of the city resides.
There is the opportunity during the visit to have some lunch and go shopping.
* Meet at the cruise ship terminal or hotel in Southampton
* Travel to Salisbury via the New Forest (famous for it's Ponies)
* A tour of Salisbury city and cathedral, and free time for lunch and shopping
* Return to Southampton
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We can meet at the cruise ship terminal or your hotel.
End location: At your hotel or cruise terminal.
Duration: 5 hours
A new or relatively new car with air-conditioning, comfortable seating and adequate seating capacity will be used for this tour.
* Return journey from the cruise terminal or hotel in Southampton to Salisbury
* An interesting and entertaining Tourist Guide ;-)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
23 British Pound Sterling - * Entrance fee to the cathedral = £8 approximately
* Lunch = £10 approximately (the refectory in the cathedral is very reasonable and good food)
* Cathedral Guide book = £5 approximately
The amount of local currency that you bring depends on what you want to buy.
This figure is per person and is meant as a guide only.
* Entrance to Salisbury Cathedral
* Food and drinks