Small Shopping, Happy Shopping in Marrakech
Are you curious about craft?
Do you want to get closer to Artisans in Marrakesh?
Are you looking for normal shopping for small souvenirs and basic needs?
Are you leading a research about craft and The Moroccan Heritage when it comes to handmade artisan items?
If the answer is YES then this tour is for you!
Because of my background as a descendant of a family of artisans and my long experience with the Artisans I will open the door for you. The experience will include visiting workshops in the Souks, markets like leather, ironwork, dying area, wood workshops, embroidery and weaving. . .
With few landmarks, you will get lost in the souks with narrow alleys, sneaking and winding and constantly branching. Traditionally each area is known for a specialty and has a name but with en expanding market and people are free to produce what they want there is a tendency in the past years for a marriage of goods to satisfy a growing demand.
A tale of the story of every craft will be delivered!
- Visit The Black Smith and Metal Work area
- Visit The Leather area
- Foundouks where artisans produce crafts in tinny rooms
- Visit The Spices, Herbs area. With the Moroccan Argan Oil and its derived beauty products and creams
- Visit different shops designed for your interests
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - If you are staying in a Riad or a hotel inside The Medina We will be able to come to it. I will identify myself with my name , your name and my professional tourism and craft ministry badge.
- If you have some plans prior the tour and you would like us to meet somewhere within the Medina city wall please specify on the booking process and we will be eager to reach you where you will be.
- If you are traveling with the train or private jet to Marrakesh and willing to start your shopping tour straight away we will be able to come and pick you from the airport or the train station. You can pay your transportation directly.
- If you have some plans prior the tour and you would like us to meet somewhere within the city please specify on the booking process and we will be eager to reach you where you will be
End location: After the Tour Ends we will be able to assist your transfer to:
- Your Hotel/ Riad
- Train station
- Restaurant or any other spot within the city you would like to be taken to
Duration: 4 hours
- No Transportation included in This Tour
- Licensed Marrakesh Personal Shopper
- Assistance on the best way to get your transfer back to your hotel/Riad ( not included )
Estimated Local Cash Needed
900 MAD - local money to cover if needed (based on 2 Travelers )
- In The mean Square there are entertainers, musicians, acrobats, snake charmers, water vendors and others to bring life to this Heritage Square and entertain both locals and foreign visitors. While gathering around and watch all entertainments are free, taking pictures of them are expected to be paid.
You'll be kindly advised by your local guide at venue how much are photos taken expected to be paid.
- Drink during the tour
- Food and drinks during the Tour
- Paying for purchased goods to be transported outside of the Souks to hotels, Riads or elsewhere..
- Any entrance fees to private museums or galleries you may request and where their items are not to sell but to see ( Open as proper museums )
Some activities or attractions we'll find along the tour are done for persons who accept gratuities for their services. To join or not is up to you, so these amounts are not included in tour price.
You'll be kindly advised by your guide at venue.
In The mean Square there are entertainers, musicians, acrobats, snake charmers, water vendors and others who are to bring life to both locals and foreign visitors. While gathering around and watch all entertainments are free, taking pictures of them are expected to be paid.
You'll be kindly advised by your local guide at venue how much are photos
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Very enjoyable tour. Mehdi was incredibly friendly and knowledgable. He walked us around the Medina and souks on our first afternoon in Marrakech. It gave us a nice sense of the area and history as well as a comfort level navigating the area during the rest of the visit. We also ended up going back to several of the shops or restaurants that he recommended later in our trip.