Explore the highlights of Marrakesh with a Local Guide Expert
With Your Private Guide Visit the Medina of Marrakech known for their beautiful hand-made crafts. Discover the narrow streets, inhabited Medina.
Bespoke for the customer's tastes from medieval architecture to modern art, from shopping in the souks to sipping drinks in Jamaa el Fna Square, the best place to enjoy an orange Juice.
Built in the 11th century, this ancient town served as the capital of Morocco for many centuries as well as a gateway to the Sahara desert for the trading caravans.
The Private Tour covers:
-Walk through this maze of colorful alleys & small traditional squares.
- Visit The Mederssa Ben Youssef ( under restoration, we include buildings with similar architectural interests )
- Visit a Foundouk
- Visit a Bakery
- Visit the workshops of some of the craftsmen & watch a part of the production process in these ancestral heritage.
- Visit a Fruits & Vegetables Market
* End the walk on the famous square of Marrakech to discover the activities that have been going on here for centuries
Drive to The Medina
Start The Tour from one side of The Medina
Visit a Foundouk (Caravanserai)
Visit a bakery
Visit The Mederssa Ben Youssef
Visit Craft sections
Optional Shopping regarding interests
Visit a Fruit & Vegetables market
Head towards the Square
End of Tour
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - We will be able to come to your hotel or Riad if you are accommodated in the Medina. I will identify myself with my professional tourism ministry badge.
- If you are traveling with the train or private jet to Marrakech and willing to start the tour straight away we will be able to come and pick you from the airport or the train station
- If you have some plans prior the tour and you would like us to meet somewhere within the city please specify on the booking process and we will be eager to reach you where you will be.
End location: After the Tour Ends we will be able to help you reach:
- Your Hotel/ Riad
- Train station
- Restaurant or any other spot within the city you would like to be taken to
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
The rainy season may affect this walking tour in open air. If it happens we will be able to report the tour for a later better time
As most of the Medina is not accessible for cars and vehicles please consider This a walking tour. If you require transportation transfers we can arrange for extra costs to be paid locally. We can arrange taxis, minivans with AC to luxury MercedesVito/Viano, Range Rovers..
Estimated Local Cash Needed
900 MAD - local money to cover if needed (based on 2 Travelers )
- In The mean Square there are entertainers, musicians, acrobats, snake charmers, water vendors and others to bring life to this Heritage Square and entertain both locals and foreign visitors. While gathering around and watch all entertainments are free, taking pictures of them are expected to be paid.
You'll be kindly advised by your local guide at venue how much are photos taken expected to be paid.
- Drink during the tour
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Mehdi is one of the most knowledgeable guides we have ever experienced on a city tour of any city in the world. He takes pleasure in taking these tours and has an immense pride in the city and the country as a whole. It is the only way to see the souks in the medina without getting totally lost in the maze of alleys and be totally overwhelmed by the stall owners. Mehdi helped us negotiate a fair deal for both a carpet and a silver teapot and made lovely suggestions for places to eat and to experience.
Helene Van Rhyn