An amazing journey of a picturesque part of Morocco
About An hour and Half Drive from Marrakech, the Atlas Mountains offer a distinctive refuge from the heat of the red city. An opportunity to meet the Berbers and see how they go about their daily lives. Having mint tea with them. Visit a local Berber house; see traditional bridges and clear waters running through the valley. A Private Trip to discover typical villages hanging by the banks of the river as well as experiencing simple yet well-preserved ways of life.
Remotely standing away yet clearly visible from the main roads, the Atlas Mountains with their snow-capped peaks offer, in winter, a range of unforgettable striking scenery. An amazing and beneficial journey of a picturesque part of Morocco!
We are keen to embrace responsible excursions respectful of the local people and culture. We also aim to support local people by visiting local handicraft shops during the excursions(Optional but no obligations). If you decide to visit such places please let us know as we are solely at your service
Idea of flow of the day:
- Meet in your Hotel/Riad Around 09 am.
- Leave Marrakech
- Reach The Mountains
- Take the first photo stops
- Visit a Berber local house: Tea Time
- More Photo stops. .
- Visit Toubkal National Park Eco museum
- Reach The Last village and meet the Local Mountain Guide for The Light Trekking/Hiking for about 1h30- 2h
- Stop for Lunch ( Not included )
- Drive back to Marrakech
- 4 to 5pm arrive back to you Hotel
NB: As mentioned on the itinerary there are optional stops for local craft specialties and cooperatives but no obligation at all. Please talk to your Guide/ Driver concerning such visit regarding your interests. .
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
- We do not run The Tour If the weather is not permitting: Case of heavy Rain
Our vehicles are modern with Luxury comfort: From Mercedes Vito or Viano , clean with AC. In occasions we use 4x4 to allow more comfort and to face off roading or rainy days in The Atlas Mountains
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1200 MAD - Local money to cover if needed ( based on 2 Travelers ):
- Drinks during the tour
- Lunch Meal ( optional )
- Some activities or attractions we'll find along the tour are done for persons who accept gratuities for their services. To join or not is up to you, so these amounts are not included in tour price.
You'll be kindly advised by your guide at venue.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a wonderful day - a great guide, a great trip, and so, so informative. I highly recommend El Medhi. He and the driver (Abdul) were professional, kind, knowledgable, and it has been the highlight of our trip so far. Thank you so much for your kindness and your humour! Don't book a different trip. Book this one!!!