Madaba - Mount Nebo
We will leave Amman to visit Madaba a city known for its mosaics. The most popular and well known is the ancient and most complete mosaic map of Jordan and the Holy Land of the 6th century in St George Orthodox Church, marked with the points of interest of some historical stories recorded in the Bible. Nearby is the revered Mount Nebo, where Moses climbed to survey the promised land. Mount Nebo is the memorial of Moses where it's believed to be buried there, 4th century church built for the memorial of Moses.
Jordan is a unique and blessed land of the Old and New Testaments and early years of Islam. The litany of ancient place names reads like biblical gazetteer Edom, Moab, Ammon, Gilead, Gad and Peraea.
The Madaba of the Bible is today the small town of Madaba.
At Church of St. George you can view the earliest surviving original map of the Holy Land, which was made around A. D. 560. In addition, there are other mosaic floors.
- Meet in the Hotel lobby or airport.
- Leave Amman by a private modern A/C vehicle. It takes 30 minutes to Madaba.
- Visit the Byzantine Churches and see the amazing mosaic map for 30 minutes.
- Free time at Madaba local Markets (old souq) for a while.
- Heading to Mount Nebo to overview Jordan rift valley, the Dead Sea, and the Holy land.
- Having lunch (Optional).
- 30 minutes driving back to Amman.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I'll meet you at the lobby of your hotel in Madaba or Amman / or Amman airport.
End location: At your hotel in Madaba or Amman / or Amman airport.
Duration: 6 hours
Via A/C modern Tourism Vehicle
Estimated Local Cash Needed
75 JD - Admissions , Meals drinks
I am not allowed to pick you up at dockside - you must meet me at the exit to the port territory.