Discover the historic gems and experience the Marais like a local
Why is Le Marais one of parisian's favorites neighborhoods? Because there is everything that makes Paris so charming !
In this tour you'll discover :
- Architecture and history: Aristocrats built beautiful mansions and gardens. Follow me on their steps. Even some medieval gems on the way. . .
- Fashion : Paris is the capital of fashion, and Le Marais is where its heart beats. I'll show you some young designers and unusual shops off the beaten paths.
- Culture : World famous art galleries are hidden in the backyards of Le Marais.
- Food : Taste sophisticated pastries in beautiful shops and immerge into a charming open-air market.
- Unhabitants : Both the jewish community and the gay community established in Le Marais.
Customize your tour !
Maybe you are passionate about histbut don't really care about fashion ? Maybe you would prefer a gourmet tour with many stops ?
Would you like me to pick-you up at your hostel ?
Tell me what you would like to do and I will custom the tour to your requirements.
- Place des Vosges
- Hôtel Carnavalet and garden (Mansion)
- Hôtel de Soubise and garden (Mansion)
- Hôtel de Beauvais (Mansion)
- Hôtel de Sully and garden (Mansion)
- Marché des enfants rouge (garden)
- Jewish neighbourhood
- Ancient manufacture
- Medieval houses
- Beautiful shops (optional)
- Delicious food (optional)
- Art galleries (optional)
I will custom your itinerary to your requirements. Tell me what you are most interested in :)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Metro St Paul on line 1. I will carry a board with your name.
Your location (in Paris only). I will pick you up there and then we will take public transportation to the tour location together. Public transportation are the easiest way to travel around Paris.
End location: In Marais area. I will make sure to explain you exactly how to go wherever you want to go after the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
My services as a guide.
My recommendations of what to do in Paris while you are there.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 € - This is a walking tour, so no money is required. If you are in the mood for a café or pastries, I recommend you bring 20€ cash.
Any souvenirs or snacks.
Public transportation cost if I meet you at your location.
I can not guide into museums.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Alois was a wonderful guide; small intimate gardens to wonderful parks, shops and sights. She is the best!