Discover the historic gems and experience the Marais like a local
Why is Le Marais one of parisian's favorites neighborhoods? Because there is everything that makes Paris so charming !
In this tour you'll discover :
- Architecture and history: Aristocrats built beautiful mansions and gardens. Follow me on their steps. Even some medieval gems on the way. . .
- Fashion : Paris is the capital of fashion, and Le Marais is where its heart beats. I'll show you some young designers and unusual shops off the beaten paths.
- Culture : World famous art galleries are hidden in the backyards of Le Marais.
- Food : Taste sophisticated pastries in beautiful shops and immerge into a charming open-air market.
- Unhabitants : Both the jewish community and the gay community established in Le Marais.
Customize your tour !
Maybe you are passionate about histbut don't really care about fashion ? Maybe you would prefer a gourmet tour with many stops ?
Would you like me to pick-you up at your hostel ?
Tell me what you would like to do and I will custom the tour to your requirements.
- Place des Vosges
- Hôtel Carnavalet and garden (Mansion)
- Hôtel de Soubise and garden (Mansion)
- Hôtel de Beauvais (Mansion)
- Hôtel de Sully and garden (Mansion)
- Marché des enfants rouge (garden)
- Jewish neighbourhood
- Ancient manufacture
- Medieval houses
- Beautiful shops (optional)
- Delicious food (optional)
- Art galleries (optional)
I will custom your itinerary to your requirements. Tell me what you are most interested in :)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Metro St Paul on line 1. I will carry a board with your name.
Your location (in Paris only). I will pick you up there and then we will take public transportation to the tour location together. Public transportation are the easiest way to travel around Paris.
End location: In Marais area. I will make sure to explain you exactly how to go wherever you want to go after the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
My services as a guide.
My recommendations of what to do in Paris while you are there.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 € - This is a walking tour, so no money is required. If you are in the mood for a café or pastries, I recommend you bring 20€ cash.
Any souvenirs or snacks.
Public transportation cost if I meet you at your location.
I can not guide into museums.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Alois was a wonderful guide and host. We walked through many easily-overlooked corners of the Le Marias neighborhood and learned a great deal about the history and culture of this unique place. Alois also has great shopping and dining tips. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes! Lots of walking as there is a lot to see!