Cave of Zeus and Lassithi with a Private Guide
We will start our tour visiting the mountainous regions of East Crete, the breathtaking range of Dikti Mountains.
Reaching an altitude of 850m above the sea level, we will be reaching the fertile plateau of Lasithi with its unique traditional villages, byzantine churches and picturesque windmills.
Our first stop will be the Monastery of Panagia Kera Kardiotissa renowned for its byzantine frescos and unique "miraculous" icon.
At an altitude of almost 900 meters above the sea level, we will be visiting the Cave of Zeus, one of the most impressive Temple- Caves on Crete, the place where according to the myth the "Cretan born Zeus" was born.
We will enjoy our lunch at a local family restaurant in Psychro village, and then we will visit a local pottery workshop before heading back to Heraklion.
- Visit of the Monastery of Panagia Kera with the famous icon
- Visit of the Plateau of Lassithi
- Visit of the Cave of Zeus or Diktaion Andron
- Lunch at Psychro village at a local restaurant
- Local Pottery Workshop visit
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your Heraklion Hotel
End location: Your Heraklion Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Moderate hike for 20 min is required for the Cave of Zeus.
- my guiding services
- your private transportation on a premium class minibus
- a professional driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 euro - Average per person for local meal and entrance tickets
- your entrance tickets for the sites
- donkey ride to the Cave, if desired
- your lunch costs, paid locally