Youth and Family, Religious Heritage, Nature and Wildlife, Day Trip / Out of Town
Kid Friendly: Yes. Yes! Kids love the cable-car and the boat ride in Tai O
Yes we can arrange for transport to the top podium of the Big Buddha for step-free access. Tai O village is also very accessible for wheelchair users
Maximum travelers: 4
English (fluent), Cantonese (basic)
Hong Kong's nature at its finest on a private walking tour
Lantau is known as Hong Kong's green lung, and you can imagine stepping back in time 50 years when you visit. Most of this stunning island is untouched and can only be accessed by public transport. I will navigate you seamlessly through the highlights in this 8 hour private tour. Highlights include, a private car transfer from your accommodation to the cable-car, skip the line access at the cable-car (I am a licensed guide and so you will avoid the long lines), the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery and Tai O fishing village.
Itinerary subject to change, method of transport is by public transport:
- Meet at your hotel for transfer to Tung Chung on Lantau Island.
- Visit Ngong Ping village and the "precious lotus" Po Lin Monastery
- Walk the steps to the largest seated outdoor bronze Buddha Statue in East Asia.
- Trek through the sub-tropical forest for the Wisdom Path, perhaps encounter a cow or two?
- Make our way to Tai O to meander the streets of this once thriving fishing village, seeing some of the indigenous Tanka people still at work.
- Enjoy some of the fresh seafood on offer or eat at the beautifully restored Heritage Hotel, a former colonial police station.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel or mutually agreed location
End location: Your hotel or mutually agreed location
Duration: 7 hours
We will be taking public transport (MTR, ferry and bus) on the tour and I would therefore suggest having around Hk $40-60 in Hong Kong currency for the bus and boat trip we will be taking. Alternatively, you can pre-purchase an Octopus travelcard which will cover all public transportation costs.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 HKD - There are no entry fees but if the markets are on the agenda, then a little more cash is advisable.