Private Tour for Heraklion Cruise Ships
We start our day visiting the most important archaeological site on Crete and the second most visited archaeological site of the country, the Minoan palace of Knossos. We will be visiting an amazing area of 22. 000sq meters. A prehistoric "city", the place where the oldest European civilization started and flourished some 5000 years ago.
In (private) studio we will enjoy an hour session on the ancient Greek Music in theory and practice. Theory is focusing on the ancient Greek musical instruments, musical forms, ancient Greek modes and moods and the ancient Greek musical notation. During the experiential part of the lab we will experience a coordinated interactive attempt on playing ourselves ancient Greek percussion musical instruments. The session will be led by a Greek Academic of Musicology.
Areas of Visit/ Activities:
- The Minoan Palace of Knossos
- Interactive Art Session: The ancient Greek Music in theory and practice
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Heraklion Cruise Ship Port
End location: Heraklion Cruise Ship Port
Duration: 4 hours
Your transportation will be on a new, modern, fully airconditioned Premium class Minibus with 7 pax capacity
- My services as an official licensed tourist guide
- Your transportation with a new, modern, fully airconditioned Premuim class Minibus with 7 pax capacity
- A professional driver
- The exclusive ancient Greek music session
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euro - For Knossos Palace entrance plus some cash to cover your personal expenses
- Your entrance tickets for the Palace of Knossos (15 euro per person, children free admission)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Marilina was an aercheolgist expert when it came to the KNOSSIS. Very articulate and knowledgable. Music portion was above our level but fun. Shpping in the Agora is a must.