City of Light & Shoguns
Nikko, the word means sunlight or sunshine, is a city located in the mountains of Tochigi Prefecture. Located approximately 140km north of Tokyo and approximately 35km west of Utsunomiya, the capital of Tochigi, it is a popular destination for Japanese and international tourists, visiting the mausoleum of shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu (Tosho-gu), his grandson Iemitsu (Iemitsu-byo Taiyu-in), as well as the Futarasan Shrine, which dates from the year 767. Elevations range from 200 to 2, 000m. The mountains west of the main city are part of Nikko National Park and contain some of the country's most spectacular waterfalls and scenic trails.
• 07. 00 Meet at Asakusa Tobu Station
• 07. 30 Transfer to Nikko.
• Arrive Nikko Station
• Short walk or bus to Shinkyo Sacred Bridge over Daiyagawa via the Kanaya Hotel
• Cedar Monument, Hohgu Jinja, Murasaki Ishi, Shodo Shonin Statue
• Rinno-ji; Kuromon; Sanbutsudo; Sorin-To; Itowappu Toro; Shoyoen Garden;
• Omotesando to Nikko Tosho-gu; Ichi no Torii; Five Storey Pagoda; Ni no Torii;
Omotemon; San-Jinko; Shinkyu-sha; Suiban-sha; Honchi-do; Tosho-gu Lanterns;
Belfry; and Drum Tower (Koro); Korean Bell (Chosen Gane); Leaping in Lions
(Tobikomi-no Shishi); Yomei-mon; Shin'yo-sha; Kagura-den; Kara-mon; Hai-Den;
Ishi-no-ma; Hon-Den; Goku-Roka; Nemuri-Neko; Sakashita-Mon; Okusha
• Kami-Shindo; Futarasan-Jinja; Do-Torii; Oyako-Sugi; Hai-Den; Bake Toro;
• Futasu-Do; Hokke-Do
• Lunch break.
• Taiyuin; Nio-Mon; Suiban-Sha; Ninten-Mon; Belfry (Shoro and Drum
Tower (Koro); Yasha-Mon; Kara-Mon; Hai-Den; Hon-Den; Koka-Mon; Oku-no-In
• Return to Tobu Nikko Station for 17. 25 transfer to Asakusa (19. 30)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Asakusa Tobu Station (07.00 for 07.30 departure)
End location: Asakusa Tobu Station (19.30 Arrival)
Duration: 10 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 3000 - Lunch and souvenirs
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Patrick is a wonderful guide...simply the best. He has a depth of knowledge rarely found...loved our day at Nikko!!! His understanding made for a unique travel experience.