Explore the attractions and small towns by the sea, just an hour north of Wellington
The Kapiti Coast, northwest of Wellington, has many beautiful and fascinating attractions.
We begin by visiting Battle Hill Farm, where we can enjoy a short walk in this real working historic farm. From here we get our first view of the Kapiti Coast, at Paekakariki Hill lookout. Below us is Paekakariki, where we'll stop for coffee at a cute local cafe. En route to Southward Car Museum we'll stop at the WWII US Marine Memorial.
Southward Car Museum holds a truly world class collection. There are some priceless cars here, although the museum isn't just for car lovers.
We'll have a BBQ lunch at The Salt & Wood Collective and if you want to, you can taste the beer at the adjoining North End Brewery.
In the afternoon we spend an hour or 2 visiting the rare native birds and walking the trails at Nga Manu bird sanctuary.
Our drive back to Wellington follows the beaches and coastline and we can stop for walks and/or photos along the way.
- Start tour in Wellington City
- Battle Hill Farm (short hike)
- Paekakariki HillLookout
- Morning coffee at Paekakariki
- WWII US Marine Memorial at Queen Elizabeth Park
- Southward Car Museum
- Lunch at Salt & Wood Collective (and optional beer tasting at North End Brewery)
- Nga Manu Nature Reserve
- Scenic coastal drive back to Wellington
- Arrive Wellington
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Staying in Wellington: I can collect you from anywhere in the CBD, or Wellington Airport.
Cruise Passengers: I can collect you from right alongside the ship.
End location: I can either bring you back to where we started, or drop you somewhere convenient for dinner in Wellington City.
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Tour time is approximate and may vary due to traffic and weather. If you have to be back early (for example to meet a cruise ship), we can shorten the day to accommodate your needs.
Beautiful black late model Mercedes-Benz Viano minivan, with privacy glass and black leather interior. Limo style seating, premium sound system, air-conditioned front and rear. 4/5 seats in the rear, 1 more seat beside the driver.
- Private Luxury Transport and Guide
- Morning Tea/Coffee
- Lunch at Salt & Wood Collective (including Beer Tasting if you wish)
- Admission to Southward Car Museum
- Admission to Nga Manu Nature Reserve
- Bottled Water
- Pickup from Wellington Accommodation or Cruise ship
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 NZD - Souvenirs, and you might want to buy some beers at North End Brewery.
- Contact me for larger group enquiries. I have access to 11 seat, 25 seat and larger vehicles.
- We can change the day as we like, note that some places we may decide to visit could incur admission fees. If we have time to visit an extra bar or two, any drinks/snacks here are not included.
- Any personal purchases or expenses.
As a licensed guide, I have no restrictions.