Awesome views for photographers: walk on both restored and unrestored authentic wild Great Wall
The hike combines both the completely unrestored wall and the restored wall. We'll start off the hike from a small village in the Jiankou area, following a hillside trail to a Great Wall tower that is almost 1, 000 meters above sea level. From the tower we will head east, walking on the wall to Mutianyu. We will pass through some towers on our way and end up at the 10th tower of Mutianyu Great Wall.
After hiking for 3 to 4 hours on its section, we will come down the wall along a trail. And then the driver will drive us to a local farmer's house to have a Chinese family cooking style meal and experience rural hospitality at its best.
If you want to make some changes about the itinerary, please feel free to let me know. Our common goal is that you see what YOU want to see.
Highlights of this hike:
1. Explore the most stunning wild Jiankou Great Wall which is off the beaten path;
2. Walk on both restored and unrestored authentic wild Great Wall: an excellent chance for you to compare and contrast what the wall may have looked like when they were originally finished, and how it looks after about 600 years of exposure to the elements;
3. Awesome views for photographers;
4. Home-made Chinese lunch at a local farmer's guest house.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can meet you at your hotel, or any other agreed upon location.
End location: I can leave you at your hotel, or any other agreed upon location.
Night entertainment can be recommended if it is needed, such as the local restaurant, massage, the acrobatics show, Kung Fu show and Beijing Opera, etc.
Duration: 10 hours
Weather and traffic may affect this tour.
Air-conditioned vehicles: car, van or coach.(It depends on the number of people.)
1. the whole day's transportation with a professional driver and a clean car or van;
2. the entry fees;
3. the professional English-speaking tour guide;
4. mineral water;
5. A Chinese family cooking style lunch.
I can take larger groups. Please click 'ask a question' to get a quote.
Nothing on this tour is extra if you don't buy souvenirs or other personal items.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Sonia is a wonderful guide. She took the three of us on a 10km hike on the Great Wall. Her knowledge of the area was terrific, her English was wonderful, and she was very personable--we all talked throughout our 5 hour hike. She also arranged all of the transportation and a wonderful meal following the hike. My daughter, her friend, and I had a very enjoyable time. We highly recommend her to anyone who wants to get outside and explore the Great Wall.