Take a tour with me to see the most important Jewish sites in Lviv (Lvov, Lwów) and learn history of the community from the middle ages until now.
We will visit together:
- the Old Jewish Street,
- recently open small Jewish museum,
- squares when Tempel and the Great Suburb Synagogue once were,
- The Jakub Glanzer Synagogue (opened specially for us, closed to the public)
- pre-war murals in Yiddish,
- Beis Aharon synagogue (provided that its owner gives us permission to visit it; usually available),
- former Jewish Hospital and former Jewish cemetery,
- site of Yanivskyi concentration camp.
Taxi strongly advised for the second part of this tour (about 8 to 12 USD paid to the driver).
My tour is far more than looking at buildings. It's about real, living stories, trying to explain coexistence and conflicts between people living in Lviv.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel or city centre
End location: Your hotel or city centre
Duration: 4 hours
Length of the tour may vary between 3 and 5 hours depending on your interest in particular places.
- guiding through the places,
- historical background (including polish-jewish-ukrainian relations in past and present),
- good companion.
Costs of taxi to more distant sites (usually 200-300 UAH, 8-12 USD).
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Tomasz was a fabulous guide. He made our day in Lviv tracking my father's history memorable and rewarding.