Spectacular Train Trip to Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe)
Spectactular train trip from Interlaken up to Jungfraujoch and back on a different way - through tunnels carved into the rock face of Mount Eiger. Europe's highest railway station at almost 3, 500 m.
Enjoy magnificient alpine scenery, ice palace and the views of the Aletsch Glacier, the longest in the Alps and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
We have also the possibility to enjoy the unique alpine and glacier landscape while eating typical delicious Swiss dishes in the restaurant at Jungfraujoch.
This trip is possible all year round!
Meeting place: Interlaken Ost train Station or to your convenience.
- train trip to Jungfraujoch
- visit indoors and outdoors of the glaciated and snow-covered Jungfraujoch
- picnic or lunch in restaurant
- train trip Jungfraujoch back to Interlaken on a different way than going up
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Interlaken OST train station or to your convenience.
End location: Interlaken OST train station or to your convenience.
Duration: 7 hours
All by train.
Here in Switzerland we have an excellent and very efficient public transportation, you will not need a car to go on my trips. Everywhere I will take you we can rely on them; especially in the mountains it is easier to travel by train, busses, cable car, chairlift etc. In addition, it gives us full liberty of our journey and to alternate routes.
My services as your personal guide with
- Organisation and research (e.g. travel plan, timetable, entrance and restaurant booking if necessary etc.)
- Guide (pick up from Interlaken Ost train station or to your convenience)
- Guiding you during the excursion including information about geography, history and legends, local people, culture, etc.)
- Seat reservation on the Jungfraujoch train section if necessary (depending on season)
- Assistance with and purchase of the train tickets
- Little picnic on the Jungfraujoch with typical local Swiss products
- Visit of Jungfraujoch incl. ice caves
- Short walk outside on the snow on Jungfraujoch (subject to available time and weather conditions)
- Jungfraujoch Railways Passport (available in different languages, subject to availability)
- Speaking the local Swiss languages (Swiss-/German, French, Italian) and English
- Your travel expenses: From Interlaken to Jungfraujoch return ticket between CHF 127 and CHF 253 per person (price depending on season and transportation pass you already have or intend to buy). These prices apply only if you pay them separately and in advance. For an all-inclusive package, an administration fee applies.
Conditions for all tickets apply.
For first class train travel, other rates apply, for both the client and the guide.
Special passes for travelling with public transports in Switzerland are available.
The following expenses for the guide:
- supplement for special trains (about CHF 100 for a return ticket to the Jungfraujoch), meals in restaurant, entrance fees where necessary. To be paid separately and in advance. For an all-inclusive package, an administration fee applies. Conditions for all tickets apply.
Any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs, restaurant/picnic, snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our trip to Jungfraujoch with Markus was fantastic. Beautiful weather and incredible views of the alps and the glacier. Also fascinating to see the engineering involved in the construction of the train through the mountain in the late 1800 / early 1900's. Enjoyed a nice hike through the snow and the great picnic lunch that Markus brought along. We did tours with Markus from Interlaken on two days and both were great. Highly recommend touring with Markus.