Felt like floating on air, this is a must do! And we height heights!
Hot air balloon flights show guests Egypt's vast Sahara Desert. Floating 1000 feet in the air, tourists look down at the Theban Necropolis and the West Bank of the Nile.
For most tourists in Egypt, staying in Luxor means staying in either one of the city hotels or on one of the 192 Nile River cruise boats that ply the river. At any gien time, a score or more of these floating luxury hotels might be moored cheek-by-jowl next to each other along the pier just across from the temples of Luxor and Karnack. In either case, it's only about a 15 minute drive to the launching pad for some two dozen hot-air balloons that take to the skies each morning at sunrise.
The wake up call comes early; in winter, sunrise is at about 6:15. But it's worth it.
On arriving at the flat lift-off field, guests watch the balloons being fired up, each being filled by gusts of fiery hot air that rise into the balloon and light it form inside so that it shines like a giant colored light bulb in the dim morning light.
A pick up from your hotel or cruise ship you will cross the Nile River to the West Bank before sunrise where your balloon awaits.
After a safety briefing and introduction to your ground crew and pilot, you will climb into the balloon's basket and get ready for lift off.
As you gently rise into the dawn sky,
enjoy the tranquility of the early morning sun rising over the East Bank, illuminating the city and mountains. after landing you will be taken back to your hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: by your hotel or cruise
End location: by your hotel or cruise
Duration: 3 hours
• Approximately 45 minutes of a balloon flight depend on the weather .
• Pick-Up and drop to/from the Hotel to be provided by us.
• Witness the exhilarating sight of the balloons being inflated and prepared for the flight.
• Tea/Coffee & Cookies are served at the motorboat or launch site.
• A Certificate of First Flight shall be handed over duly signed by your pilot.
• Internationally practiced safety norms are being followed .
• All Flights are duly ensured on the Hull and the Occupants as per the prevailing international
• Balloons to be flown by highly experienced pilots
Vehicles are new branded air-conditioned with a professional drivers, but they do not speak English and they cannot act as tour guides for the Egyptian monumental sights.