Historical Villages and World Heritage Sites-Centuries of history and traditions.
Experience a private 4-day roundtrip through the center and interior of Portugal with your private official guide. Discover some of the most important landmarks of portugueses history. This tour begins and ends in Lisbon.
Highlights and visits:
● Évora, World Heritage Site
● Monsaraz, medieval village in the fortress
● Estremoz, capital of marble in Portugal
● Elvas, World Heritage Site, the key to the Kingdom
● Marvão, medieval village and fortress
● Castelo de Vide and the jewish quarter.
● Castle of the Knights Templar in Tomar(World Heritage Site).
● Aqueduct of Tomar
● Baroque library and the St. Michael chapel of Portugal's oldest university.
● Oldest quarter of Coimbra(Almedina quarter).
● Church of Batalha Monastery, World Heritage Site
● Nazaré, the Atlantic Coast and fishing traditions
● Church of the Alcobaça Monastery, World Heritage Site
● Óbidos, Medieval walled village
● Day 1: Lisbon->Évora->Monsaraz->Évora (255km)
● Day 2: Évora->Estremoz->Elvas->Marvão->Castelo de Vide (185km)
● Day 3: Castelo de Vide->Tomar->Coimbra(215km)
● Day 4: Coimbra->Fátima->Batalha->Nazaré->Alcobaça->Óbidos->Lisboa(285km)
Tour of the "White Villages"
Departure from Lisbon to Evora.
Visit of Évora.
In the afternoon travel to Monsaraz and visit.
Back to Évora.
Overnight in Évora.
Departure to Estremoz (comfort stop), the garrison border town Elvas (visit), Marvão (visit) and Castelo de Vide (visit).
Overnight at Castelo de Vide.
Departure from Castelo de Vide to Tomar.
Visit to the Castle of the Knights of the Templars.
Visit to the Aquaduct of Pegões in Tomar (supplied the Castle of the Templars with water.
Drive to Coimbra. Visit of the Old University.
Overnight in Coimbra.
Departure from Coimbra to Fátima.
Visit of Batalha, Nazaré, Alcobaça and Óbidos.
Back to Lisbon.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: ●Pick-up and drop-off of the clients in all hotels and port of Lisbon included.
●Pick-up at the airport of Lisbon with surcharge of 6€
End location: ●All places in Lisbon at client's choice.
Duration: 4 days
●1 to 3 persons: Full sized luxury sedan Mercedes S-Class Hybrid.
● 4 to 6 persons: 7 seater minivan with air conditioning, extra legroom, microphone.
●7 to 14 persons: 16 seater minivan with air conditioning and microphone.
●Official Driver/guide and visits to the monuments.
●Meals and accommodation of the driver/guide
●Vehicle with air conditioning, extra legroom and microphone.
●Pick-up and drop-off of the clients.
●Free Wi-Fi on board
1 bottle of water per person, refreshing wipes, pocket tissues.
●All by law required insurances
Estimated Local Cash Needed
21 Euro - Entrance fees per person:
Convent of the Knights Templar 8€
University of Coimbra 8€
Cathedral of Évora 2€
St. Francis Church Évora 3€
● Please bring your passport or ID along. Old-age pensioners over 65 receive a reduction on entry fees in some monuments.
●I recommend to have Euros for personal expenses such as a meal since Dollars are not accepted.
The average price of a meal (optional) is 20€ per person.
Major credit cards can be used but American Express is not accepted everywhere.
●Hotel of the clients.
1 overnight in Évora,1 overnight in Castelo de Vide, 1 overnight in Coimbra and 1 overnight in Lisbon including breakfast.
●Entrance fees to the monuments.
●Meals of the clients.
Note: i can suggest some hotels in case you need it.
No restrictions. I am allowed to do guide you inside all monuments all over Portugal.
(In Portugal not all driver/guides guide you inside monuments)
Licensed company with all insurances required, registered at the national tourism board as RNAAT 457/2015.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Paulo was a Great guide. Warm and friendly. Punctual. Intelligent. Accommodating. Clean comfortable vehicle, excellent driver. Site selections and time we were able to spend was well planned. Our first time with tours by locals and we will use it again.