Knossos Palace and Traditional Village with a Private Guide
We start our day visiting the most important archaeological site on Crete, the Minoan palace of Knossos, the mythical Labyrinth of Homer. Concentrating on the prehistoric era of the island, revealing its unique historic course and penetrating into its ancient prehistoric cult, arts and ritual practices, we will be visiting an amazing area of 22. 000sq meters.
Our tour will proceed with the Cretan traditional village of Assites about 30' min drive from Knossos. Its architecture goes back to the early 18th century, while old byzantine churches are also there to be visited. You will have the chance to see the most ancient professions of Crete such as sheep bells making, cheese making, basket weaving, honey processing and production.
Trying the local traditional products of Crete such as pure olive oil, fine cheese, thyme honey, herbal tea, homemade wine and the traditional liqueur of the island called Raki will be an unforgettable and enjoyable experience.
Areas of Visit/ Activities:
- The Minoan Palace of Knossos : A 4000 years old prehistoric city. The place where the oldest European civilization started 5000 years ago
- The Traditional Village of Assites: Typical Cretan traditional village. Its architecture goes back to the early 18th century. You will have the opportunity to experience the traditional architecture of the island, the most ancient professions of Crete, the orthodox church architecture and the unique Cretan traditional products
- Olive oil, Cretan Cheese, Honey, Herbal tea, Raki, Wine tasting
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Heraklion Cruise Ship Port
End location: Heraklion Cruise Ship Port
Duration: 4 hours
Our vehicle is a new, modern, fully airconditioned Premium class Minibus with 15 passengers capacity.
For the case of a couple/3 people, private transportation can be arranged instead upon request on different charge.
- My guiding services as an official licensed guide
- Your transportation with a new, modern, fully airconditioned Premium class Minibus with 15 pax capacity and a professional driver
- Cretan traditional products tasting i.e olive oil, local cheese, local honey, herbal tea, raki, wine tasting
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euro - For Knossos Palace entrance plus some more cash to cover your personal expenses
- Your entrance tickets for the Palace of Knossos (15 euro per person, children free admission)